EXTENDED ACKMANIAC-ESC Tool based on VESC-Tool

1 Like

Could anyone help me? If I connect my focbox to the esc tool it says that It has to old firmware an I’m in the limited mode to update the firmware. I downloaded the 2.54.bin from the dropbox and hit the update button in the tool. The tool shows that the fw upload is done. But the board disconnected from the laptop. If I power up the board again it shows again that I have to update the firmware and I’m in the limited mode. Thanks for helping

Edit: if I read firmware version it shows: Fw: 2.54

The Esc tool has already the right firmware file. Just select the file for 4.10 4.11 4.12. Then install the default file. Afterwards it should show version 3.101

2 Likes

Just update within the tool. No need to download anything outside of it.

Acks fast. What he said ^^^^

1 Like

I tried that without the custom file. I choose the hardware version for 410 & 411 & 412 and hit the update firmware button. Than board disconnects and after 10 sec. I unplug the power and then I powered it up again. Than I reconnect the board in the tool and I’m again in the limited mode. What could be wrong?

After the update is done it shows: serial port error: no such file or directory.

I didnt have any issue when I ran the update firmware. make sure that show other updates along with the default box is not checked this will give you the correct file. Are you running esc tool on mac or PC

I tried it all the time with the default Version. And I run it on PC.

Could it be that the bootloader is corrupted? Or would I recognize it if the bootloader Isn’t working?

Did you install the bootloader via the Esc tool. Because you shouldn’t do that. The focbox comes with a bootloader pre-installed. If that’s not what you did then maybe try it with another computer.

It could be that I accidentally tried something in the bootloader field… I think if the bootloader works properly than the focbox turn of after the update and then he should boot up on his own. Am i right? Mine isn’t doing that. So I think I need to install a new bootloader. But tomorrow i will try it on another PC.

I think when you messed up the bootloader then you have to flash the focbox via Stlink.

Yes i already Orderd a Stlink. And on Money i’ll try to do that according to that thread:

Is that still up to date?

I have a question about the cruise control and could not find anything helpful so far. Is it possible to use the Alienpowersystem remote? I don’t like the Mini remote and don’t want to use a remote with a steeringwheel or the nunchuck I would prefere just to click a button on the remote.

I notice a difference in breaking with this firmware since changing from 3.100 to 3.101.

On 3.100, breaking was only very strong at low speeds, never at higher speeds.

Now though on 3.101, when I first start riding, I get very strong breaks at all speeds. This can be a little crazy going 30+ and having such sensitive breaks. I almost feel like I should be worried I am overloading things, but checking the logs, I am not sending more amps back to the battery than I have set. Oddly enough though, once the board gets warmed up a bit, the breaking sensitivity calms down to a much more manageable level at high speeds, but it remains still quite strong at slower speeds. Usually only 5-10% of my ride is spent during that “warm-up” period where breaks are super sensitive.

I don’t know if this is a quirk with my setup, the firmware, or if this is how this is supposed to be… but I can live with it for sure- I kind-of like it, and now I have a reason to adjust my breaking curves.

On 3.101 the brake for the slave motor was fixed so that it brakes at the same amount as the master. Depends on your previous settings how much the difference is but now with 3.101 it brakes equal. Of course it is important that you have the same settings on master and slave. If you want your brakes a bit weaker at high speeds then reduce your batter min (regen). And if the brake force is too strong in total you should reduce the motor min.

increase the battery minimum

So, like for example “-25” to “-20”

3 Likes

Ah! That explains it :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah that was something i had to get my head around. Your way of thinking is mathematically correct.

1 Like

Hi! I just finished remake my enclosure (fiberglass) and I took the oppurtunity to upload to 3.101 firmware during the process. I used the same parameter as before, but this morning I noticed that when I go full throttle on the fast mode (Nano-x remote) the board loses power for one second. I din’t have it this problem before, never had a single drop of signal or power. If I ride in the low speed mode that won’t happen. It’s sound like some current or watt limit reached but by the chart I am far away from the limit, moreover I never had in the past 1 month and a half that I used the board. Do you know what It could be? It’s quite scary! Thx a lot

PS: In the chart you can see when it happend.

Setup: Diyeboard 90mm hubmotor 2 Maytech VESC 10s3p 30Q battery Nano-x remote 60A BMS

Are you sure that you adjusted you ppm pulsewith with the fast mode active?

3 Likes

F…K me!!! You are right!!! ahahaahh Sorry sorry Sorry :smiley:

That’s what happen when yuo set things at 3am…

2 Likes