EXTENDED ACKMANIAC-ESC Tool based on VESC-Tool

this is kinda weird but i don’t even have the option to chose watt mode. all other modes are there…anyone got an idea

In the last firmware current mode works as watt mode You do not need to select it anymore.

2 Likes

Hi guys, I’m upgrading my friends Scramboards VESC, and I’m trying to install v3.101 on it, but it keeps saying too old firmware. Is it because of a missing bootloader? It says on Scramboards site that it comes with a bootloader :slight_smile: Will I break something if I try installing a bootloader from ESC-tool?

I can’t get sensored detection to work no matter what I try… (12s, bdlc, esk8.de direct fet VESC, Dark matter motor) tried the duty up to .15… nothing.

You’re probably not running Ackmaniac firmware. What version is your firmware?

Try to switch 2 phase wires so that the motor runs in the other direction. Then do the detection again. If that also doesn’t work you should check the sensors via Multimeter. And also check the wires if they are at the right pins. But i also have a sensored motor that doesn’t work. Checked it with multimeter and the sensors show always the “HIGH” state. On other motors BLDC mode has trouble when the sensors are slightly off.

You can also try to detect them in FOC mode which mostly works better than BLDC. The esk8 ESC shouldn’t have isuses in FOC. On once you go FOC you won’t go back.

I’ve tried switching the phases, tested the halls (they go high sequentially as I rotate the motor) and I’ve checked the pinout… esk8.de warned me that foc is not recommended at 12s… I can’t afford to blow another VESC!

Had a look at Scramboards website and it seems that they sell maytech VESC. In this case you can upload the bootloader via the tool and then firmware updates should work. To use these VESC in a mountainboard isn’t really a smart idea because of FOC problems at the high amps that are needed. In BLDC they should work but you will get Temperature issues.

So the modified yellow ones is also MayTechs? The ones with a separate MOSFET board and a heatsink? :slight_smile: It is not being used on a mountainboard nor in FOC, so all good. I’ll try uploading the bootloader, thanks! :slight_smile:

Thinking of trying out your firmware this weekend, is there any need to know tips of using it?

All seems it is a Maytech. But you also post a picture if you want.

1 Like

Most of the infos you need to know is in the first post of this thread.

1 Like

I have some motors that behave this way. I verified halls with a oscope, and tried every combination of phase wires. Won’t detect in BLDC mode.

I have some other motors that very rarely would detect in bldc mode, but one time on the road the motors would not spin. Switched to sensorless and all is well.

And I had an incident where one of my phase wires broke and I ended up frying the vesc.

Riding sensorless now and I don’t miss it.

This firmware is working very well in sensorless, love the watt control mode… I may remove the throttle expo I have on as this doesn’t seem to be useful in watt mode.

I must agree, im running sensorless and i never have any issues when starting from a standstill. If i start in a hill and im rolling backwards i do notice that its sensorless tough… Never going back to stock fw

i downloaded the tool from the link at the top from achmaniac and then i went to the firmware tab, selected hardware 410&411&412 and the vesc default.bin. I thought the firmware was included in the new tool.

In my firmware mods 3.100 and 3.101 current control is Watt control. So there is no option for watt control anymore.

1 Like

yes @rey8801 already said it, but you saying it puts me at ease

1 Like

do you still need to download the firmware 2.54 out of the old folder (dropbox) or just the tool and the default firmware?

From the tool directly. Everything inside. If you read the first posts is reported. Or at least inside the thread.