EXTENDED ACKMANIAC-ESC Tool based on VESC-Tool

Are there any other BLE modules that can be used instead of the HM-10? My hope is to have better connectivity with Android 8.0+ (or any connectivity really).

1 Like

He posted the source if you want to build it for apple.

1 Like

The maker of the HM-10 says that it is compatible with 8.0, but the clones or ā€œfakesā€ as they call them are not reliable with 8.0.

http://jnhuamao.cn/index.asp

Iā€™ve purchased from a couple different vendors and they have all been ā€œfakeā€ it seems. Anyone have a source for legit HM-10 modules?

All of mine have ended up being CC41-A :frowning:

1 Like

There is a way of updating the chip on the fake modules which might help, @SeanHacker wanted to see if that might help. If you have an arduino you could try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez3491-v8Og

But you should read this first:

3 Likes

is there a mac version ?

1 Like

I just got a DRV8302 fault when I switched my board to 9S (I plugged in the batteries on the bench I didnā€™t ride it). It works perfectly fine with 6S, and when I switched back from 9S to 6S it worked as usualā€¦anyone else have this issue?

He posted the source if you want to build it for apple.

I donā€™t know how hehe

Never a better time to learn. Itā€™s a QT application

2 Likes

Let the journey begin. I donā€™t know how either, but if I wanted it bad enough, Iā€™d figure it out.

1 Like

Just use the free version. Works just fine. Iā€™ve never used QT before this morning so Iā€™m still learning about it and how things work. But I was able to compile a build for linux (something I need!!!) in about 3-5 minutes or so. I also removed the beginning pages so that I donā€™t have to read it every time I open the app. If I get a few minutes later Iā€™ll compile you a Mac build. Gotta go ride before the rain hits!!!

3 Likes

Iā€™m sticking with 3.1 firmware until metr and perimetr are compatible with 3.101 and until there is a Mac version of the tool.

Looking forward to this. @Ackmaniac

I am trying to use the latest version of VESC Monitor (V1.85) on a Galaxy S6 (Android 7.0), and although I see the bluetooth module, the second I select it in VESC Monitor, the App crashes. I didnā€™t have this issue a few weeks ago, so am wondering if there is a bug in the latest updated to VESC Monitor (V1.85). anyone else seeing this? @Ackmaniac

Fixed the issue already in the latest version 1.88.

3.101 is compatable with Metr mate, using it myself!

1 Like

I built the version with 3.101 for linux. Enjoy

4 Likes

yes. it is now working. Thank you!

However, is there anything you can do to keep the app from crashing/freezing when the VESC is turned off? @Ackmaniac

1 Like

Doesnā€™t happen with my phone. But i will have a look with my other one.