EXTENDED ACKMANIAC-ESC Tool based on VESC-Tool

FOC or bldc?

What’s your min rpm before applying full brake set at?

FOC on motors without sensor. I have not touch those settings, because i don`t think that the original vesc-tool allows me to change that settings ? What i´m saying is, that i run the settings pretty much stock, besides the motor/battery min/max thing. Do you think that i would get rid of that crappy function, if i flash the ackmaniac fw instead ? Thanks…

I said no to that question and did not upload a new bootloader

1 Like

hi, ive got problem with throttle on about 26% motor work on full power, how to change that 50% of throttle = 50% of motor duty etc.? the same is with reverse;/

Is this on the bench, or when riding ?

What is on the “Throttle Curve” tab?

I know a lot of people want that but it doesn’t really make sense. If you expect the motor to turn with 50% speed when at 50% throttle then how much % torque should the motor give when the motor is actually at 10% speed.

2 Likes

I wonder if anyone was able to avoid the wheels locking during braking at almost dead stops.

The maximum ERPM for full brake parameter is no longer displayed on the ESC tool.

What’s the difference from the esc-tool and bldc tool in the dropbox?

this test is performed in bench. The throttle curve is default. Im asking also because ive got two level of speed from controller (~75% and 95%)and during riding it not change anything since ive full duty on 26% throttle

Probably It’s me but with all this different version I got a bit confused about some points. For my build I am using 10s3p 30Q battery, diyeboard hub motors (75Kv, 500W each, rated for 50A continuous current), 2 Maytech vescs and Nano-X remote. this are my setting for the motors

PS: I am using @Ackmaniac ESC tool.

Now my douts: 1- Do you think my setting are ok? motor max, min ecc… 2- I selected current no reverse with brakes and I know it works as watt control mode. During the motor setup wizard I didn’t encountered anything where I can set the max watt. Now by looking at the general BLDC configuration I see there is watt limit at the bottom. Could someone please explain me how to do? 3- Is the throttle curve purely experimental or there is a good common starting point?

4- Are the data displayed during the realtime data detection accurated? Because I could get only 20km/h out of them, which is half of what I was aspecting.

Sorry for the questions, I just want to be sure before doing something that I will regret.

Ciao ciao

Forget bench testing if you want to test how fast you get at different % of throttle. Once you ride the board you will understand that the throttle controls the torque and not the speed.

1 Like

1- Do you think my setting are ok? motor max, min ecc… Battery Current max regen can be increased. With you battery to at least -6 A but i would go even higher to for example -9A in your case (i know that’s higher than the max charge current but it will only do that for a couple of seconds when you brake)

2- I selected current no reverse with brakes and I know it works as watt control mode. During the motor setup wizard I didn’t encountered anything where I can set the max watt. Now by looking at the general BLDC configuration I see there is watt limit at the bottom. Could someone please explain me how to do? With your battery max setting you are capable of roughly 25A * 36V = 900W. So 2 motors will produce 1800W. But you can also set the value lower if you want. If you want more you also need to increase the battery max because the watts can only be reached if the battery max allows it.

3- Is the throttle curve purely experimental or there is a good common starting point? Throttle curve works great. Just give it a try. Try this setup.

1 Like

Thank you very very much! Below my thoughts about it: 1- Ok, I will increase it to -6A. As far, as I know it will affect my brake and of course the amount of current I send back to the battery). Is it correct? 2- Perfect so I do not have to set the watt anymore. The battery I use based on real test is capable of 60A costant discharge, I just wanted to be a bit conservative, but if the performance won’t be sufficient I will increase it. 3- Great! I will try it out.

Now, I am trying to connect the sensor cable to the vesc. I had to adapt the connection from the motor to the vesc and I can get one motor sensored, while the other one gives me error during the detection. As far as I know what matter are the 5v, Temp and GND correctly placed, while the hall sensors order is not relevant. Is it correct? I see a clear difference in sensored mode, at lower speed the motor starts really smoothly. Thx!

The pin of the hall sensor cables doesn’t matter but 5V and GND needs to be right. And the charge current will increase, that’s correct.

1 Like

ok than I do not know why the sensor cables are detected from one vesc but not the other. I will try to switch the motor and see whether is the vesc or the cable. Thx for the help, really appreciated.

15000 watts?! That doesn’t seem right…

HI that’s why I am asking here. During the motor wizard you are not able to control that value…only later I notice it. Althought if you click on the ? it tells you that the default value is high to disable it and the other limit are still valid. Is it correct @Ackmaniac?

Allright, then you’re sorted.

the only thing that I still have to understand is why one vesc doesn’t detect the sensor. sensorless they do detect the moto but in sensor mode the motor are detected but the sensors just in one of them. I will switch the motors to see if it is due to the motors or the vescs.