EXTENDED ACKMANIAC-ESC Tool based on VESC-Tool

Hi, got problem with BLDC settings. Ive got sensored motor so I set in BLDC Sensor mode to: Sensored and when i backward at controller motor behavie very weird. Take a look

Did you run the hall sensor detection and is the minimum pulsewith in the ppm settings correct? It also can be that the sensor is placed badly which sometimes leads to a well running motor in one direction and a bad running in the opposite direction.

Just updated my focboxĆØs from the original 3.28 vesc fw to newest 3.35fw. Now i experiencing exactly this same braking behavior at low rpms : http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/vesc-brakes-grabbing-coming-to-stop/46946

Is this the same behavior with the @Ackmaniac FW ?? Or do it have a function, so the vesc dosn`t do full brake the moment i brake slightly at low rpms ??

Thanks

Was going to calculate kv and went full throttle on the bench.

Realtime data keeps showing negative values for power, motor and batt amps, and T-motor. Thatā€™s one cool motorā€¦

Any idea why that is?

HELP

i updatet the FW, but i choosed hw:48 I have 2 Focboxes, booth are not working anymore :cry:

Is there any solution?

You have to flash it via a cheap programmer. You will find the info in the forum when you look for it.

@Ackmaniac Where is this at? Iā€™d like to run it but I canā€™t find it. Itā€™s not in the dropbox.

What do you mean?

I only see built versions for Windows and mac but no ESC Tool. I canā€™t run either of those

1 Like

So what do you need?

Ubuntu, or the source and I can build it. Iā€™d like to check out your mods but never have been able to. Itā€™s not worth using a virtual machine when I can just use the Vedder versions.

What is the github/bitbucket link?

Source is available on Github.

Source Code

2 Likes

Linux build is available for the Ackmaniac version

edit: newer one below

1 Like

Do i have to downgrade or how?

I was able to fix that without a programmer, but do not run any motor until you upload the correct firmware. I also accidentally picked 48 once. I donā€™t remember how I fixed it, with one of the tools I was able to load the 412 firmware.

You have to completely flash the VESC: New Bootloader and then software.

Search for ā€žSt-Link bootloaderā€œ

Edit: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/vesc-installing-a-bootloader/752

What Iā€™m saying is I accidentally installed 48 firmware on a FOCBOX and succesfully got 412 firmware flashed onto it without using a programmer or uploading a new bootloader. Unfortunately I donā€™t remember which tool I used; it was a linux build of one of them, and not this one above.

Interestingā€¦ I also flashed my vescs with the wrong HW-Fw but didnt manage to resolve it without using a st-link. Would be nice if you remember how, specially for those who dont have a programmer.

I can upload a new bootloader, but ā€œā€¦it will destroy bootloader and firmwareā€¦updates cannot be done anymoreā€¦ā€

Do or not do?? What does it mean? Can i destroy it and then install the right firmware??

Anybody knows the answer ? Thanks