[Expired] OllinBoardCo's longboard/power pack!

Thanks for the invite Jason!

For the past few months I have been doing beta builds and refining our integrated deck/battery pack. With the help of some great beta testers we now have a deck with a thickness of 1 inch capable of holding up to seventy-two 18650 li-ion cells.

I am offering this deck as a complete power system for $740 usd with the following features:

• Maple/balticbirch and fiberglass composite deck with aluminum top hatch

• 10s4p 370 watt-hour 18650 battery pack with BMS protection circuit (up to 72 cells at an additional cost) charger included

• Integrated power switch/inrush controller

• Auxiliary usb charging port (great for charging a the transmitter or other accessories)

• Included gt2b transmitter/receiver with BadWolf enclosure

• Dual digital display showing system voltage and battery temperature

• Included VESC motor controller (dual configuration also available)

Each board is built by hand with a current build time of 3 to 4 weeks. If you would like a custom battery pack to meet other voltage requirements I am happy to accommodate most requests, up to 40 cells, at no additional charge. You also have the option to choose a color scheme of your choice. This is pretty much a complete package, just add your choice of drivetrain. However if you show proof of purchase on torqueboards new motor mounts or pediglides hub motors I will discount the price by $20 per mount/hub motor, up to $40 off!

Thank you!

http://www.ollinboardcompany.com/product/flux

4 Likes

Welcome on board! Looks good. Lots of work involved too… are you working on this full time yet or you have a day job too?

What brand of cell? What is the BMS specs? Are the cells spot welded?

I (and others) might be interested in buying it if we knew the specs…

That looks pretty bad ass! How much does it weigh?

Are you pressing your own decks or having them made and machining them yourself? I’m curious because I’m working on a deck-and-box package also, although it has been very slow going.

Yes I press them myself, I press the core first and route out the voids/compartments. I then laminate and press the maple skins with fiberglass on both sides of each skin. Once that cures I route the top skin to receive the aluminum top hatch which is drilled and screwed along the edges and along the internal stringers.

The internal stringers are very important in a hollow core design if you want stability at speed otherwise you will get some torsional flex which can induce oscillation/speed wobbles.

The photos don’t show some of the final details but I also cut a smaller access hatch around the ESC area so you can access your ESC and receiver for programing and binding by removing four screws.

I can do custom shapes too, I have three different custom boards for torqueboards in the works right now. It takes a bit longer but if it is a promising design, something I can incorporate into my catalog, I can usually do it for no extra charge. Even more so once I have my OS OX CNC router finished.

3 Likes