Expected Range realistic?

In cells about $400, I made it my self though.

Compared to my 220$ (110$ each) + 70$ tax and import fees, thats a steal!

Well you can’t compared a lipo or premade battery to just cells there is other parts and tools that you need. To make 1 battery will cost alot if you don’t have the tools. The money you pay for labor and experience in making the battery is important too. It’s not just about raw materials.

4 Likes

from my experience normal riding on urethane is about 10wh/km. With pneumatic it might be lower. Your 500wh battery should get you 40+km range.

That’s way off, my raptor hubs at 90mm (45a 10s) draws 27wh/mile

And I’m only 115 pounds

I know what you stated is in km but it’s still off.

This line makes no sense to me. Lower is better…

^ in terms of less current draw

Efficiency is all dependent on your setup (how much power it can draw and how efficient the drive train is) your ride style (hard acceleration and braking or cursing at low speed) and you’re environment (hills or flat)

My environment is alawys flat, but to get 10wh/km you gotta be running a single 5045 on 9mm belts? :rofl:(Not exactly)

1 Like

He might have been referring to the total range you can get from a pack, the wording is a little confusing though

1 Like

I mean I agree 10 wh/km is very good efficiency (like little kid riding at 15 kmph on flats good) but it’s probably not impossible if you kick start and just crusise slow

15 km/h are you referring to a Acton blink s? :rofl:

10wh/km is almost near impossible with a moderately sized drive train

But to be fair the raptor hubs that I’m using are literally like a 6374 wrapped in urathane

Key word near impossible Raptor hubs are most definitely not what you want if you are looking for efficiency

5 Likes

Yeah and now we’re talking about the 1%:joy:

The new raptor hubs are pretty efficient considering my ex dual 6374 draws 26wh/mile

1 Like

The boosted mini is advertised at 7 mile range (11km) with a 99wh battery. That’s roughly 9wh/km so it can be done.

Okay here is a picture of a ride i logged 16 watt hours per mile For reference I am using a single drive 245kv sk8 motor 8s lipos 16/36 and kegel wheels and weigh about 140 pounds esk8 My point i guess is 10 wh/km is extreme but 26 watt hours per mile might be more than a lot of people use in a mile

Edit: I’m an idiot the analyzer for some reason says 26 watt hours per km when set to metric and 16 watt hours per mile when set to imperial (the math says the 16 watt hours per mile is right which is 10 watt hours per km)

its not that hard…

I have a cheepo hub kit at 10s5p (10ah)
36v*10ah = 360wh

I can get 30-36km on a good day going average speed of 23km/h. i weigh 140lb though, so fairly light. (all flats where i live)

Well I’m on pneumatics, too and draw 10.5 -12 Wh/km. Running a chain drive, about 3 bar (~45 psi) on 9" (which is kinda high preasure for 9") but only 45 km/h top speed and 25 km/h average.(many people with pneumatics have channel trucks overall don’t ride >50 km/h)

You also have to keep in mind that you can pump pneumatics up quiet a bit and staying below say 40km/h for instance improves efficiency drasticly. The highest “loss” on any vehicle on earth is basicly friction, the “drag” of bearings, drivetrain and so on are more or less constant, pneumatics actually improve in efficiency at higher speeds a little (as long they are controllable and don’t burst into pieces) but the highest friction is air resistance which is rising drasticly at higher speeds. The air resistance at 40 km/h is 4x times higher as at 20 km/h and 16x times from 10 km/h, it quadruples by speed. Riding 38 km/h on average or 24 km/h makes a huge difference regarding efficiency, max. Amperage on the otherhand not that much you don’t draw 45A beside a acceleration spike here and there. Stop and go of course is also a range killer for obvious reasons.

1 Like

Here is me getting 7.5wh/km on trampa urban treads on 90 PSI lol I have since dropped the PSI to 65 and efficiency has gone to like 8.5wh/km I am gonna drop down to 50 PSI and see how that goes.

But I am 70 kilos all in and more of a cruiser than a top speed demon. I like to take my surroundings in as I ride.

The thing with gearing for such a high top speed that you might occasionally use is that you will have to pay the price in lower torque throughout the acceleration curve.

Photo%2019-02-2019%2C%2010%2041%2059

I can confirm this. Getting about 18wh/km on a single 6374. Going dual means you don’t need to go full throttle so 28 seems just about right.

I can confirm this. (2x5S Lipo series 5000mah = 180 Wh / 36-14 / Kegels / Range about 15-23 km depending on steepness / average speed around 25 kph)

1 Like