Expected Range realistic?

Hello Guys,

i’m quite unsure about my battery situation.

I have 2x Turnigy High Capacity 12000mAh 6S 12C LiPo packs And 2x 6374 Motors 16T Motor Pulley and MAYBE a 72T Wheel Pulley with 8inch pneumatics.

My Goal is to achieve 40-60km/h and the most possible range with these batterys.

What range can i expect if i use them in series/parallel. I’ve tried different esk8 calc and get different results. between 25 and 47km If i use them in parallel just because of the range, would i technically still be ably to reach 40+ km/h?

Minimum Capacity: 12000mAh Cell Count: 6 / 22.2V Constant Discharge: 12C Peak Discharge (10sec): 24C Pack Weight: 1650g Pack Size: 183 x 77 x 58mm Charge Plug: JST-XH Discharge Plug: XT90

12C is not high enough.

4 Likes

Which calculator did you use?

You can pick one or the other, but with 12C batteries, I’d go 6S and pick longer range. You won’t get top speed from these batteries.

Esk8 Calc 2

and

http://calc.esk8.it/

How much do you think would the top speed be?

Watt hours determines range but what @b264 is saying is that at 6s you’ll be going slower and get better efficiency but if a 12s and 6s setup use all the same parts that would impact range (wheels and motors etc ) and are geared to the same speed you will get the same range

We also need to know your motor kv to determine top speed

3 Likes

I’m saying that battery can’t supply enough current

190kv sorry

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say that’s inherently true if he only needs 50 battery amps those batteries should be fine

1 Like

They should be, but lipo manufacturers inflate specs.

2 Likes

With your setup you will go 60 kmph with pneumatics and that gear ratio I don’t think you’ll get great range.

1 Like

i should also say that i won’t ride constant at 60km/h. This value is just to have it, if i ever need it. 40km/h is my current limit with my wowgo 2s. I try to go a tad faster at times

Screenshot_20190218-151930_Chrome

This is them in parallel. The range is someone going full speed and is often on the low side.

1 Like

True but they advertise 12c at 12 amp hours which is 144 amps 50 amps is only a third of that which should be fine.

3 Likes

I currently have a 10s2p 6.4Ah pack with panasonic 18650’s. My max range was 27km with slow to middle speed. If i go full speed most of the times i top out at 16km. Thats what i definitely have to beat. *on my Wowgo. Just to give some more infos of my current style

I know but with a high top speed to achieve te torque you want at low speed you will need more watts which leads to worse range

I dunno how accurate that is cause it says my average range is 28miles but I know that’s false and a very very low estimate.

I run 20-25mile rides every week on my 12s8p and I’m usually somewhere in the 75-70% range battery life when I’m done. In fact I don’t always charge my board before a ride cause I just don’t need to.

That estimate for me seems very very off.

3 Likes

12s8p wow. How much did that cost?