Excess Dust and Dirt Sticking to deck

I recently completed my first DIY board and have been loving the performance of the board. I’m running a single drive belt system with a SK3 236kv outrunner and a 6s battery system. The board rides perfectly but when I get back from a ride the entire underside of the deck is completely covered in dust. Thick enough to draw pictures in. I have another regular long board with me that I ride and it doesn’t get dirty at all on the underside of the deck.

Lol…get use to it…

Esk8 is dirty …

1 Like

some surfaces are less sealed than others and will collect dust more.

Could try some wax or polish coatings like they do for mag wheels to prevent quick or excessive build up.

He could…but a complete waste of time…it will still get gnarly under the board…

I wipe down the board after every ride

E-boards are faster… speed means it picks up more dust. It likely won’t damage anything unless your electronics are exposed repeatedly. Just make sure you dust it off every once in a while, and try to stay on decent roads/paths

I seems a bit excessive. Is there any chance that the motor is charging dust particles and that causes them to be attracted to the deck?

It’s the speed and distance…you go faster … Kicking up more dust…and combine that with distance = lotso crap under the board…

It’s everyone not just you

lots of motor or bicycle racers spray Pam or other coatings like Rejex on parts that collect mud or dust.

When particles land on the surface they can’t adhere as easily and fall off.

He will end up with dirt paste…

my friend has a Evolve carbon AT and doesn’t have any of the same problems. Could the finish on the bottom of my deck be attributing to the dirt? I could try polishing it down and getting it really smooth

That’s your best bet …or…try static guard for clothing …

If you put something down that leaves a residue dirt will collect…

no it totally works and that’s why so many racers etc use it.

Just buff away any excess

Still after a ride need to wipe down and re apply periodically

He’s finish is naturally smother because of the composition of the surface…

Carbon AT huh? I bet his board sits higher than yours off the ground.

Humm I shall try it…not the pam tho lol

Ugh…it’s expensive :weary:

I just use lemon pledge

but don’t leave a sticky gooey amount of it…

buff it down.

Same thing with a car… give it a good wax and it stays much cleaner and easier to clean.

1 Like

Yeah that makes sense …

I have a different mind set and forget that not everybody is living in triple digit heat during the Summer. I can’t use any waxy products…they will eventually just gum up…

The rejex may work better for me if its some type of synthetic … That won’t evaporate or melt away in the heat of Vegas …

I think we are about the same or even hotter here in Palm Springs CA area.

@jormundur def first give @CSN advice a try …cheap and easy solutions…

I’m temped to try that Rejex …around $20 bucks a bottle is pricy for a bottle … But may give it a go as per @CSN suggestion

U get the touch of humidity…ouch!