Evolvenstein: Carbon Gen2 + Enertion Focboxes + Maytech Motors + UNiK Mounts + Trampa Wheels + Photon Remote

Very nice setup! Congrats! :slight_smile:

Thank you mate. Iā€™ve been riding it quite a bit these last few days and still havenā€™t been able to get to top speedā€¦ max Iā€™ve done is 49.1 kph. Must tighten the trucks a bit more, as Iā€™m aware that speed wobbles are a thing on gullwing type trucks! Eeek!!

2 Likes

Nice build I love that deck.

1 Like

Thank you mate! Incidentally, Iā€™ve passed the 50kph mark and continuing to do small ride adjustmentsā€¦ itā€™s a sweet, sweet ride!

1 Like

@ricardo

ā€¦and you were doinnngā€¦what??

Drilling new holes, as the UNiK mounts donā€™t line up well with the Gen2 deckā€¦

2 Likes

Aaahh Ok. New holes over the mounting plate, right? I thought you were drilling the axle!

1 Like

ahahahahaha! just realised that the photo angle is not the best :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah! Thats why I asked. Also i wanted to ask, what would be the largest battery you can acomodate on the Carbon internal enclosure if you were to print a heat sink riser to put down cabling, BMS and VESCs? I see there is still some space left that you could use for a larger battery thru all its lenght.

1 Like

Possibly 10s8p, but thatā€™s being optimistā€¦!

2 Likes

Hey Ricardo thanks for sharing the link to your thread. Iā€™m just about to begin a dual motor upgrade using the same Gen2 Carbon deck. If you could please share the detailed parts list and purchase links, thatā€™d awesome. Cheers dude.

here you go buddy:

enjoy!

1 Like

Cheers bud

If it was today, i would have used the metr module and have a more basic remote. Iā€™d also use the unity (then I could possibly do away with the antispark switch?)

2 Likes

The unity smart switch fits the existing stock charge port perfectly. No external loopkeys needed.

I played around with 10s7p pack ideas, really want to cram those big EV bus lipos in it. image image

1 Like

Where do you stick tge charge port then?

Lol, I open the whole damn thing to balance charge a 12s pack made of 6 2s hardcase lipos.

Itā€™s a temp solution. And itā€™s stupid, I know.

1 Like

image image image

1 Like

I experimented with aviation connectors to balance charge externally, but A) should not charge at high amps when enclosed, B) smart charger didnā€™t like it after awhile (loose leads ?) C) asking for a short with the setup as pictured.