Evolve Skateboards - New Board - GT Carbon!

@mickyboy That is impressive braking control.

Yep the strength of the brakes took me by surprise the first time I tried them.

Like this if everyone on this page should get a free carbon gt!

1 Like

Take the hatch off so we can see inside!!

1 Like

I liked it until I heard Lipo. For the price, they should’ve used batteries that can handle a lot more cycles before needing to be replaced.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it add to the weight making it worse than the previous carbon if they wanted it to have the same range? Not to mention it would probably make it a lot fatter (aesthetically) as well. They say it should last ~1000 cycles which is really low. Considering you won’t (or at least I wouldn’t) need to charge this more than once a day I don’t see why it’s that bad. It would theoretically last ~2+ years

Isn’t the warranty for 6 months?

Does the battery have different coverage?

Open that sucker up and show us the batteries

Warranty is for 6 months, nothing seperate for the battery…I saw a spare battery on their site for ~$400

I don’t know if I missed this i the 900+ posts on this thread, but does anyone know the Watt hours of this battery?

No one does, just the voltage…it’s speculated around 600+ Wh

Still skank details. Give us the specs. We know motor. Well someone should give actual size. Be good if we can get a pic on the inside if it. Too see esc and battery. I think they managed to get a little more battery and better smaller electronics to house it with that slim space. Suspect only the 6mth warranty on battery.

I think no battery lasts for 1000 cycles. 300-500 is more realistic, based on how you charge them.

Lifepo4’s are rated for 2000+ cycles at the expense of density and physical size, though I have seen them in 18650 form factor as well.

New GT is going to make the old ‘magically summon the board’ trick look old… How about magically cut some sick donuts!!

Power, versatility, modulability, whatever you want to call it… I’m soo keen to get on this board, end of June cant come soon enough!!

2 Likes

i saw this video a while ago it explains why lithium batteries die and why you will never reach the advertised amount of cycles. in short the battery will only reach the 1000 cycles in the tested lab conditions and you will only get half out of it.

I tapped out at the 10 minute mark. Not the most riveting speaker! But insightful nonetheless.

@bbq870 @HH1

So even if the battery the GT uses lasts 300 full battery cycles wouldn’t that equate to thousands of miles considering the range you’re supposed to get out of it on a full charge? 30(miles on a charge) * 300 (full charges) = ~9000 miles? Don’t think most people including myself would rack that many miles that quickly