Evolve Heatsink For Dual FOCBOX's

hi, did you recieved it ?

1 Like

Good evening!

Yes, got them in the post today morning, they look great!

20180811_095654

I’ll be re-packing them today. However, it turns out that FOCBOX’s have different types of bolts. The old FOCBOX’s have longer bolts than the newer ones: Screenshot_20180812-213947_Gallery

So while all the dimensions are perfect, the thread length in the heatsink is not enough for the FOCBOX’s from last year:

Would you like me to find the correct bolt length and send them with the Heatsinks to you, or would you like me to ship them tomorrow and you’ll find the correct bolt size (only applies if you have old FOCBOX’s)

• You can send the Heatsinks tomorrow, I’ll take care of the bolts if needed
  • Find correct bolts and send with heatsink (might take a long time).

0 voters

Reason I voted to find the correct bolts is because when they are found it’s likely they will be in 25 or 100 quantity packages

It’s definetly more logical, and that’s the best way to do it. Reason I offered these 2 options is because:

1. Some people might be using new FOCBOX’s and don’t need any other bolts
  2. Everyone is fed up of waiting and just want to receive what they paid for ASAP
1 Like

Wrong vote for me, sorry :grin: Don’t know how change it

What’s the size of the old/new bolts? These aren’t the bolts that hold the heat sink onto the enclosure?

Here is what I mean:

20180813_114849

The bolts on the old FOCBOX (left) just don’t secure it enough to the Heatsink cause they are too long.

The bolts which secure the Heatsink to the enclosure are all the same and come with the Heatsink:

20180813_120244

Can you give the new bolts specs ? Sure we can find them quickly (i have only old focboxes)

1 Like

Sorry, don’t get it. The PCBs look identical to me. So you are saying the old focbox (aka VESC-X) has a different layout on the bottom side and the riser studs are not tall enough?

What’s the length of the heatsink screw? I would like to order some stainless steel ones!

Cheers

Yes, what you need is M3 x 6mm

@anon42702729 damn you have the design? It wasn’t easier for you to get the heatsink made for you instead of waiting?

The PCB’s are exactly the same dimensions, it’s the bolts they come with. Old FOCBOX’s have longer bolts, so they don’t screw in to the stud you circled completely and so the PCB is loose. If you switch to shorter bolts, they will screw in completely and the FOCBOX’s will be secured perfectly!

Makes more sense now?

I just went for a long drive, there are no shops around me with such bolts. So I’d have to order them, and they can take some time to arrive. I don’t know how long.

Ok il have them, so no problem for me (bought on Amazon)

So then the vote from you is correct?

Yup , right :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahhh got it, thanks :slight_smile:

@Schulerbible damn you have the design? It wasn’t easier for you to get the heatsink made for you instead of >waiting?

I needed it to see how it all fits.

1 Like

@BoostedBuilder I just changed my vote, I think I can get a hold of the bolts myself. Either way, thanks for the updates and offering to go the extra mile to provide the correct hardware!

1 Like

If someone posts a link to the correct bolts I might change my vote

There you go

When I look that up I get 100 quantity packs, which leads me to believe only one person should order them. If I’m mistaken, please post a link :smiley:

I can probably get mine from work, so I’m set, but I did see a few eBay sellers offering 50 piece packs. Also this: https://m.ebay.com/itm/10PC-M3-X-6mm-8mm-10mm-12mm-Aluminum-Srews-7075-Button-Head-Hex-bolts-Socket/252801486151?hash=item3adc248d47%3Am%3AmbkBVQW9WfFxEKBzdhSpzfQ&var=551807039335&_nkw=M3x6+bolts&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m4084.l1313&varId=551807039335 Pick your favorite color!

LoL aluminum sounds like a bad idea