Evolve GT | Wheels Sizes & Pulley Setups

Maybe try stokedlongboard, they seem to have 75a’s in stock. Although they are in the United Kingdom. Price seems the same, but maybe you will buy these just out of spite of Evolve :rage:

Although I haven’t done any form of rigorous testing, empirically, I noticed that I have to charge my board more often. So for sure I’m getting less range with the 97’s. How much less? I can’t say. I’ll have to start logging range data for that.

New to forum. Very help[full! About to order my first Evolve Carbon GT. Previous Boosted owner. Debating wheel sizes. Looks like most prefer 97m but Evolve also mentions having a 90 option. Don’t need to go much over 20-22 mph and wondering if that might be a happy compromise. My area is very hilly (about 10-15 deg max). Also very few mention the 38T option. For those who have, what do you now prefer?

How DURABLE are the Evolve Abec Wheel Pulleys??

and are they 15mm wide?

Hey I have just put on my ATs and I have to say I have been surprised how much friction there is now compared to the 83mm. The engines make a lot of noise and it rolls down hill pretty slowly now so I end up using the motors downhill to get a good speed on gentle slopes. I’m not sure if I have installed them correctly. I have tried loosening and tightening the belts and only makes a small difference. I’ve inflated the tyres to the spec. I’m not sure what else to do?

I love the 90mm, best wheel for all riding styles in my taste

Your not doing anything wrong the gear ratio and wheel size cause more friction. that’s the trade off for an AT set up

Anybody know the bore diameter of these pulleys on the CGT - AT setup? They can be bought on ebay here (https://goo.gl/rUvKHH) but I don’t know which bore diameter to choose…

@asuras the bore size is 8mm

If your in the US I sell a pulley similar to this for $11, but in steel so it will last much much longer. It comes with grub screws and 3mm keyway with key included. @Fiori has used them on his evolve with good success

Yup 8mm, just like the std truck axle, makes it easy

Yes the pulleys are 15mm wide.

I’m a very heavy user of my Evolve for the last six months and still have no issues with the wheel pulleys.

TItos pulleys worked great for me. I’ll post pics soon

No I’m not in the US… would you consider posting them overseas (Australia)? Although I have no idea what the postage would be… I can probably survive with my banged up pulley for now but if it eats another rock I should probably replace it. Seems wise to use a steel one.

I could, but shipping internationally gets expensive. Shipping starts at $13

Hey errbody, I am compiling a spreadsheet of parts & specifications for the C-GT board to help owners source cheap spares, addons and accessories. Here’s what I’ve done so far; the link below will allow you to comment on the spreadsheet. If you’ve got information to add to the spreadsheet you can type a comment onto it, comment on this thread, or send me a message and I’ll put it in the spreadsheet.

Info on any of the following goes in there:

• Battery Chargers
  • Bearings
  • Belt Pulleys
  • Bindings
  • Carry Bag
  • Controller
  • Liquids / Greases
  • Puncture Protection
  • Rims / Hubs
  • Safety Gear
  • Screws / Fixings
  • Timing Belt
  • Tires
  • Trucks
  • Wheels

I’m particularly keen to find sources for any parts that are cheaper than what Evolve does them for or cheaper than what I have in the spreadsheet. Also if you live in a part of the world where certain spares are hard to source and you’ve found a place to get them, that’s useful information for others too.

View/Comment link:

Thanks for the mention. For my steel pulleys to fit evolve light sanding may be required for “key” to fit, but it should fit snug. Loctite is a must. Also @Fiori mentioned to me that the flange might be need to be removed for clearance issues in AT mode specifically. The flange is easy to remove (permanently) with pliers.

And heres @Fiori evolve

1 Like

I have that setup and it rides just like riding stock torque wise. Unfortunately, range takes a huge hit. I can barely get 15 miles in Fast mode which is 30% less than with 83mm, but I have huge hills.I may sell the 38t and go with 83mm 75a flywheels 32t setup for more range in exchange for smoothness. I haven’t done a range test with 97mm and 32t. Will have to do that sometime and compare differences for the 97mm flywheels.

I put 20T pulleys on my board. I also have the 97mm 75a FlyWheels. The board can do 33 mph, but you do draw quite a bit more amps, especially when going uphill, so it does take a toll on the range. I just ordered an 18T pulley, which I think will be the perfect balance of speed and torque for my riding style. 26 mph (24 mph most of the time) got pretty boring for me. With the 18T, I should be able to still hit 30, but also not wreck my battery life. If anyone has any info on a battery builder that could make me a better quality battery for my board that won’t sag as much, I would appreciate it. That is the one last thing I would like to improve on my board now. Here is a screenshot of me doing 33!

1 Like

Where are you purchasing your pulleys? I found 20 teeth pulleys made from the same chinese company that make the 15 teeth. http://www.ebay.com/itm/HTD-5M-20T-16W-5-6-6-35-8-10-12-12-7-14-15-17-Bore-Pitch-5mm-Timing-Belt-Pulley-/252402877902?var=&hash=item3ac46245ce:m:mJGnvxD1vsFcHx5IEFfZA4w

Do you still have the 38t for sale? I can take them off your hands. How much would you like for them?