Evolve GT | Truck & Bushing Tuning & Handling charateristics

Tell us how you setup your double kingpin trucks.

1 Like

Just kick starting this thread. I am using Venom DH Eliminatir stepped bushings 97a on rear truck both tiers and front board side/top tier still experimenting with front truck street/bottom tier with various combos of softer duro and barrel cone combos. All bolted down firmly tighter than typical, but following the truism of front leads & rear wobbles lol

It might also be good if someone could take a photo of their Evolve GT from the side, then label each Bushing to clearly identify them…maybe a basic tutorial on how to tune it for less turn & more stability… I think a noob would get confused with just words.

I have been planning on doing this for quite some time, still testing out different set ups. Can be written up well but a video showing the difference would help too.

i would say a video & a photographic diagram is the best option. this way people can quickly take a glance, or watch more detailed tutorial if necessary.

i had a pretty complicated layout in the end on my carbon (not gt), took me 2 days to end up like that. i was usually riding constant full throttle hard carving on at wheels!

boardside front and rear: ripride krank 93A barrel boardside top bushing front and rear: bones hardcore hard

roadside rear krank 93A barrel, bones hardcore hard roadsidefront krank 87A barrel, bones hatdcore

most important for sidewinders: always cupped washer, these trucks otherwise become way overboard imprecise.

1 Like

I’ve posted this before but these are the cheapest, hardest and most durable bushings I’ve ever seen.

So cheap you should try them.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/252223300465?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=551056203742&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Rode these on Carbon, now Gt.

GT mode 100%

How many should I buy (in quantity on eBay)? What is your set up?

1 set per truck. So 2 sets.

They are just so hard! ( thats what she said ) They don’t seem to degrade.

I’m used to double setup as have old evolve. I love speed, so they need to be tight and hard. So it holds you but still allows you to turn. This requires more leg strength especially on forehand turns.

You can have em loose and stay on eco or tight and hard for speed. It feels a bit different but you get used to tight setup. Everyone who jumps on my board says “wow Thats tight” but all those guys don’t like to skate at round 40kmh. My original carbon got up to 37kmh so the speed i’m used to but the acceleration was a surprise.!!!lol

1 Like

The shipping is mega long for me, like Jul 15 - August lol you know any skate shop that could ship them out sooner? Not sure any makes bushings so hard their in the D rating – gonna check muir skate

They are just cheap chinese bushings. Don’t think skate shops have em.

Just have to try something else hard until they come.

Here is my ultimate setup…

97mm abecs for street

7in ats atm might try 8in tires soon.

1 Like

Fancy brand names on left (doh dohs) vs cheap chinese.( on old carbon )

Both these have done 100+km

the chinese bushings have been on for ages they dont degrade, just slightly squash.

Brand names are recked.!

1 Like

Also @darkydawson, do you put the hard barrels on the top top bushing seat (1st tier truck) or the bottom top bushing seat (2nd tier truck). I’m trying to figure out where to put these bushings to be most effective because it seems like no which truck I put them on they still wiggle to no end.

All of the above.

1 set does a whole truck. ie 1 barrell 1 cone for 1st tier and same for second tier.

@Mr_Mahal No a single set has 2 barrells and 2 cones. This will do a whole truck so 2 sets will do 2.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear in my other post

These bushings are a bit higher but will fit on truck. Squash a bit over time. Think @Rob.Endless may have ordered some.

@Mr_Mahal Here is a pic showing how tight my evolve bushings are on GT. You can get them tight enough. Should last couple of weeks.

I haven’t changed em yet.

Tighten top bushings ( closer to deck ) first. Make sure they’re tight. Then adjust bottom bushings ( closer to wheels ) The top ones need to be overall tighter and don’t move much. Then bottom ones are used to control most of your turning, so fairly tight.

I also find that my back trucks are tighter than the front. It’s always a balance of stability vs turning ease.

1 Like

Try not to be discouraged @Mr_Mahal. It has a lot to do with muscle memory. Keep at it and I think you’ll adjust to the double trucks pretty quickly. Mine are fairly loose with standard trucks and have no wobble issues whatsoever.

1 Like

This is correct !!! 110% Tighten top bushings ( closer to deck ) first. Make sure they’re tight. Then adjust bottom bushings ( closer to wheels ) The top ones need to be overall tighter and don’t move much. Then bottom ones are used to control most of your turning, so fairly tight.

I also find that my back trucks are tighter than the front. It’s always a balance of stability vs turning ease.

What i did i bought 2 pairs of bushings one for the top and one for the bottom. The top one are 98(more harder) and bottom one are 95

My weight is 175 lbs and this set up is amazing!! No wobble guarantee! So the key is top bushings harder then bottom for stability and bottom soft but not that soft for good turnings !! Mr mahal this is the only way to have the perfect set up for stability vs turning with double trucks kingpin in IMO .

And don’t forget this part "back trucks are tighter than the front. so The best way to find out you go outside with your T tool or skate tool whatever you call it and follow the step above till you find the right spot for you !!!

3 Likes

https://www.muirskate.com/longboard-guide/bushings/intro/

Just not Doh Dohs, as they are in my pic above. Hard but shortlived!