Evolve GT-R (dual 6384)

Not uglier than a bamboo GT or GTX!

1 Like

They’ll need to develop wider precision trucks to mount dual 6384s. Ronins no less. Not going to be cheap at all…

Will be interesting to see if anything comes of this.

1 Like

pretty sure they would be doing their own trucks, they have the scale where they don’t need to source from others.

2 Likes

Sorry when i think GT-R i think Twin turbo AWD lol

7 Likes

If anyone is still wondering about this they made vid it’s just for fun racing against a go kart they are not making it was just a factory challenge thing

Heard that Evolve will release a faster board in the next couple of months, … the GTR might become reality!

Where did you hear this?

faster board huh… so now we get gold plated 200kv racerstar motors? because that’s the most logical progression if you study their patterns.

don’t hold your breath people. a faster Evolve means minimum mechanical upgrades and more battery sag.

4 Likes

Surely they are not that stupid. I would expect them to switch to 18650s with their next board. Faster speeds won’t do much, I have their trucks on 6355 190kv and once you pass 27mph it becomes scary. Sure, you can tighten the hell out of those trucks but then what’s the point of a double kingpin setup if you can’t carve like a boss because you made them so stiff to go really fast…

Apparently, 18650 cells, wider trucks and a stiffer deck than the bamboo GT.

I’ve made an entire business out of putting better packs in their boards.

The GTX is a bamboo with a 10ah prismatic and gold plated motors. They’ve already been that stupid.

THE GT-R will be a GTX with 18650s, provided they listened when the entire world told them their fear of 18650s was nothing more than a stunt to justify cheaper, shittier packs to increase their margins. It would be a magical work of magic if they went with a 10S4P and boosted the ESC and put 200kv motors on there to finally… after all this time… hit that coveted 2014 standard of 27mph.

its a carver, so yeah, i don’t know wtf they are doing unless they are trying to come into raptor territory with a standard RKP on 220mm+ trucks, which i doubt, because that would mean using something other than thier $7 generic hanger.

a faster carver. That alone is stupid unless they plan to ship stronger ankles out with their boards.

i don’t even know wtf they are doing anymore. I’m so confused by them…

8 Likes

You predicted the future dammit.

5 Likes

hear hear!

:smiley:

1 Like

I’m a goddamned psychic.

But its worse than even i imagined. they went with the Samsung 35E over the 30Q which was a stupid choice for what basically amounts to a ~45 amp board. In a 4P config the 35E is only stated to comfortably put out 8 amps, which would be 32 amps total. that’s “comfortable” output, mind you, so assuming the cells will happily exceed their nominal stated output like a lot of cells will, you’re going to still see sag. Maybe even as bad as it was with the pop-tart pouches. But then they go on to talk up all the amps their board draws when climbing hills and shit? I mean how can they climb a hill on that cell and talk about “feeling the difference” with a straight face?

I have to assume that they walked into Samsung’s cell show room and got confused with all the mellon-berry flavored cells in there. Even the aging 25R (sour apple) would have been a better choice. Oh how about the good old HE2 (root beer) from LG?

Yes, all of my cells are referred to by flavor. It’s just a thing i’m doing.

15 Likes

This…True story.

There where probably just looking for the highest capacity cell and didnt think about anything else.

2 Likes

I think it’s a fair assessment that Evolve think the 35E is better in their case. With their own bms and ESC and this specific dual 5065 140kv setup aimed at 24mph and slower than DIY acceleration, it doesn’t need much current to ride comfortably. Problem arise for those who wants to upgrade their GTR. It basically is the same situation as the GTX, battery swap + unity + bypass +motor swap. So no consideration for DIYer at all.

I like the bamboo GTR a lot. The only thing that blows was the speed.

it’s not even about the DIYers. I’m rage typing all about them right now because in spite of the mountain of evidence i (and a lot of others by this point) have provided both them and the world that the 30Q is the absolute best option (performance for price) for their power level, they have gone with something that belongs in a rechargeable screwdriver. I wouldn’t even put that cell in a vape pen. It was money. They got a deal on some shitty utility cell, and went with that. Their videos for the GTX were similar in mind-set, a guy holding up the bamboo cell vs the GTX cell and was like “this one is bigger”.

Those cells are going to run pretty warm on hills, and I’ll bet the new packs have similar life spans to their old ones.

3 Likes

I understand the big flexy battery on the bamboo deck but wtf why on the carbon deck it dosnt flex and they could have fit a bigger battery in the carbon deck.

2 Likes

simply because of “Tech”