Evolve GT | Problems & Solutions

I have lag between mode/gear shifts on my R1 remote (GT bamboo). This is major problem when starting up a hill and shifting up to get torque (ECO mode has very little), …being unsure if it shifted up from ECO to FAST, so you tap again, trying not to loose anymore speed, and BOOM your in GT mode, the board goes from 2mph to 20 instantly, and the rider gets thrown. This specifically has caused me two major accidents, the last one landed me plate and 6 screws in my Fibia.

Is anyone aware of a way to either address the lag? or hack the controller to disable GT mode? It’s mostly a commuter board for me on flat ground, so FAST is plenty for my needs.

PS: Taking suggestions for a very high support, rigid hightop skate shoe or boot… once I get my cast off.

How long the lag is. On my GTX R2 remote it’s about 1 second…

There is a lag. My question is, why are you switching modes? Just stay in fast and lay off the throttle. The modes aren’t a gear shift. I don’t recommend changing them while riding. Find one you like and stick with it. Best,

1 Like

I had the same defect. I am 58 years old and ride non aggressively. My motor mount broke after a month and sent me over the pavement. USA customer service was denying any problem and actually rude.

3 Likes

I got two used boards with the same issues hall 1 seems to be acting up or fried is there a way to fix this?