Evolve GT | Problems & Solutions

I have been noticing for the past month my range dropping much lower. Then even full charged I could not run more then a block up hill in GT mode without the board completely turning off. Ok so run it in fast mode only. Just had to replace my second warranty motors with a third pair(bought the board in November) so I could get to the awesome raptor 2 demo. Moja great to meet you. So brand new on a full charge with my riding style in s.f. 12miles was my best range ever. Then 11 and 10 and so on until now lucky to get 7. No good Then today on my controller I get a red flashing light in the shape of a battery. Plug it in at homeā€¦ will not take a charge. I tried both chargers with the same results. Anyone else have this problem?

I got that fault a few times when I run the battery fully dead. Which you definitely should not do btw, damages batttety in ways that effect range lol. Anyway, mine never persisted and was fine to charge again after an overnight timeout. Sounds like your problem may be worse if it has been more than 24 hours. I also have a programmable charger l use, which might help if you know someone near you that you can borrow.

The lipoā€™s Evolve uses seem pretty crappyā€¦ Lipos are supposed to have a higher discharge potential than li-ion, but they somehow made theirs sag even more so than li-ion cylinder cells. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if their cycle life was pretty poor as well.

Iā€™m very curious if anyoneā€™s ever measured their 0% voltage on their boards. My guess is that Evolve runs them pretty low, just hopefully not dangerously low. To add to that, I would verify with an actual multi-meter than completely trust the remotes voltage meter.

took it apart and just touched the wires and it back to charging. I still want to replace that crap battery. Thanks for the help

I didnā€™t check voltage with a DMM, but Evolve set their 0% voltage to 32V, or thereabouts.

Hey Guys,

My Board is the Bamboo GT.

IĀ“ve got some weird behaviour of my board and I do not know if this is normal.

I had some Problems with one of my Motors getting too hot while riding uphill.

the reason was that one of the Motor hall sensors disconnetcted and I was running straight uphill with only one of the Motors.

So it got too hot and the board shut down. After this I was not able to turn on the board until I disconneted every plug from the battery and BMS.

After waiting a few minutes and reconnecting the boards it worked again and the blue power led was blinking.

I thought everything is fine but it isnĀ“t. One of the Motors did not work.

So I tried do Exchange Motors on the Controller to make sure it is a Motor issue and not a controler error.

After exchanging still the same Motor does not work so it seems to be an Motor error.

So I ordered two 140kV Motors from Racestar as a replacement. I am still waiting for these.

Today I tried to Charge my board but it didnĀ“t work. The chargerĀ“s LED does not turn to red. The battery is at 50% and it should charge now. Please remember that one of the Motors is still damaged. Could this be the reason?

I unpluged both Motors and hall sensors and tried it again but still no charging.

Can you help me with this? Any similar experiences?

Best regards!

Sometimes this is a failure mode of a charger, and can be worked around by plugging in the skateboard first, then plugging in the charger

Unlikely to be. Itā€™d be more likely that the damaged motor caused damage elsewhere

From whom? My Racestar motors from banggood never arrived and Iā€™m trying to get a refund. My unease at ordering from a Chinese business was well-foundedā€¦

Iā€™ve got a Carbon GT in AT mode. Iā€™ve got brand new belts and brand new pulleys on the motors, and yet whenever I break hard, the belts slip. They are adjust to be as tight as possible. Is there a solution to this?

• Chad

What size pulleys and belts do you have, and whatā€™s the center to center distance?

Edit: center to center distance can be determined with belt length and pulley sizes on a belt length calculator. Iā€™ll try to find itā€¦

The only logical explanation is the large wheel pulley doesent allow enough teeth on the motor pulley to be engaged.

Perhaps you have enough adjustability to use longer belts. That would help somewhat, but donā€™t know to what degree.

Disclaimer: I donā€™t have an evole and although Iā€™ve seen a couple, I didnā€™t really check them out in detail.

Belt length calculator: https://www.bbman.com/belt-length-calculator/

Enter: Metric Htd5 Pulley sizes Type something in the center to center (ctc) distance try 80mmā€¦

Should show a belt length neededā€¦ Adjust ctc distance untill your own belt length is displayed. Look at the teeth engaged on small pulley.

Hope that helpsā€¦

Yeah going to need more detail here. If itā€™s an Evolve belt and set of pulleys then that is not the issue as it sized correctly. Need to see how tight the belt is when adjusted to motor furthest out. How far does the belt bend down when you push it fully tightened? Is that more flex than you have in street setup? A picture or video? Because if itā€™s not a worn or stretched belt and new motor pulley teeth, and proper new evolve belt Les and pulleys then the adjustment of motor to bracket may be off. Is this a new thing or has always been the case?

Honestly man, I hate to say it but this is normal. I have never been able to get full braking power out of my GT without the belt skip. It only skips after about 70-80 percent braking power, but ivā€™e never been able to fix it.

The large pulley on the wheel(and the inertion from those big at wheels) and the small drive pulley just donā€™t have enough pulley tooth contact(motor pulley side). Iā€™m working on a design right now to cnc myself some motor mounts with idlers in hopes of finally getting rid of the skip.

1 Like

This is the most correct answer actually!

Forward under the deck and rear facing outside evolve motor mounts with dual idlers :point_down: IMG_2460

Forward under the deck mount with adjustable dual idlers :point_down: IMG_2449

Rear facing outside mount with adjustable dual idlers :point_down: IMG_2443

4 Likes

Amazing! Where can these be bought?

@marcmt88 sells them. I have the straight version, and recommend

What do you pay for a set?

I donā€™t remember, youā€™ll have to ask him.

1 Like

Donā€™t mean to wake up an old thread but my board is having some serious issues. When I turn my board on (full charge on both remote and board) it seems to pair with the remote and work fine for about ten seconds but after that it stops responding completely. This proves to be rather dangerous as it started happening while I was riding down a hill the other day :confused: I was hoping if someone could identify the source of the issue and maybe inform me on how I could go about fixing it? Thanks!!

ā€¦or ask @marcmt88 to manufacture my Evolve supercarve version (double idlers, hanger plate sloted mount, cross bar, skid plate, and bumper capacity) ā€¦

IMG_20180405_222109

IMG_20180418_233238

IMG_20180428_012411

2 Likes