Europe GB - CLOSED!

Am I too late to get two motor mounts?

I would take a 1x set of trucks 2x 6374 1x 12mm Kegal Pulley kit

assuming you are still rocking this…

Alright I’m very much motivated to participate in the group buy, but as a complete and utter newbie I have a lot of questions, I hope you guys can help me:

• Are the bearings included?
  • The batteries seem super expensive, are they worth the extra cash compared to, say, two of those for 50 USD total https://hobbyking.com/en_us/zippy-flightmax-5000mah-3s1p-20c.html
  • If so, which one of the two offered here do you recommend? And do I need one or two for the average 10 mile range?
  • How important is the anti spark switch? The few tutorials I read about e-skates never mentioned it!
  • What’s the difference between the two motors?

Apart from that, I’d be in for basically all of it (Black 83 Wheels, trucks, one of the batteries, charger, BMS, Motor Mount, VESC, Mini controller, one of the two pulley kits, and one of the motors)

Cheers!

You need 6 of those lipos to get 9s with 10000mah and that 10s4p is 10000mah and 3p is 7500.

But at first by reading this forum you’ll get answers of all those guestions.

1 Like

hey could you add a 6374 to my lot? thanks

Dear @jm.riviere,

here are some links to get you started:

The Basics

Terms you should know

Parts Database What would you have done different on your first build

Thats to start, then go look at what people make and do…thats what this place is about. Then after come back and ask questions. I’m sure parts will only get cheaper and there will be more group buys in the future. my 2 cents

haha damn I feel like you went to great lengths telling me my questions were stupid where you could have just answered them, but of course you are right and maybe I’m heading in there to fast - just hoped to be part of that group buy before it ended.

Thanks for the links, I’ll study them conscientiously.

1 Like

There is no such a thing as “stupid question”, but every day here comes new members and ask those same questions, so…

But short answer. Difference between those motors is their size. If you do singledrive buy bigger one (6374 under 200kv) and with 10s3p pack.

And I burned one esc, because I didn’t use antispark.

1 Like

And you save some money when you know what you buy.

Hello mate, welcome. I’ll try give you a brief rundown that should give you just enough info to make a decision but not as much as you’ll get from having a good read.

First: Bearings wont be included. Coming from a skate background myself i’m perfectly happy with a set of bones reds for cheap but i’m sure people will preach about £100 ceramic bearings and so on til the end of days.

What you’re comparing two different types of batteries. The ones here are a much higher quality, can be made into a customised shape cell, will last longer, and are just plain better. You pay for it though. I’d suggest you to be fine without these, and as you suggested get the LiPos. Be careful - easy to break/not charge properly. But they work perfectly fine. You would need two though as you say, but in series. 6s is really a minimum - 3s wouldnt get you up to speed! two of them in series as a rule of thumb would get you 5 miles at 6s.

Anti Spark is a safety thing. Could damage a number of components with a spark, an anti spark obviously mitigates that risk. Probs for the best to have one in the circuit but truth be told if you’re lucky you wont have any issues :pray:

I really dont wanna scroll up to check the motor spec but usally the difference in motors is the kv value, in which case read up on what kv is better for your needs, it hinges on what torque you need and what batteries you’re going to use. The other difference is size. In a single motor set up, generally get the biggest available (usually 63mm). in a dual motor set up, because you have two taking the load instead of one,and you might want them side by side, smaller is best.

Hope that helps mate. Don’t be put off, but make sure you know what you need :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah man, no disrespect and questions aren’t dumb, sorry if it came off too aggressive.

Myself and many others here have spent hours putting thought and reading so so much. I liken this forum and endless sphere to a library…when I have had reports to write or want to learn something specific and go to the library I don’t go to the librarian and say “hey tell me about how to rethreaded a bolt and what tools I’ll need and where I can buy bolts and the sizes.” I might ask them to point me in the direction of woodworking and tools, then dig stuff up myself.

Just how I look at it.

Sorry though, didn’t mean for you to come away thinking they were dumb questions, more emphasizing self learning.:wink:

1 Like

Hey @Bazingazunga , thank you so much for your detailed answer. It’s really helping me understanding and making a choice. I think I know what I need now :slight_smile:

@monkey32 I appreciate your comment, and completely get your point. No offence taken :wink:

@ajaynagra if it’s not too late, I’d like to participate with:

• 83mm black wheels
  • the trucks pair
  • motor mount
  • the VESC
  • the 6374 motor
  • pulley kit
  • mini remote
  • and the anti spark

Cheers!

Thanks i have added you to the group buy

What country are you from?

Who have you added? I’m from Spain.

Small mistake: i wanted Bechwheel remoter, not winning ones.

Yo Ajay,

Can you add in the 6374 for me then ? Also could you add the spreadsheet to the first post ? Kind of a hassle to look for it in the posts :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you.

You think the vesc will fall in price or?

Can you please add 2 x antispark switch for me ? :slight_smile: