[EU] WTB used/new esk8 board (long range)

Hey guys,

currently riding a Bamboo GTX and guess what, the range sucks :slight_smile:

I’m looking for an AT board with at least 30 miles real world range (92kg + 10kg backpack). Landyachts Evo or Lacroix deck style preferred. EU based would be nice, because of VAT and customs. I’d have to pay like $3.755 for importing a La Croix…

I don’t know if I would be capable of building one myself… (I only have some experience with building electric helicopters :joy: )

If somebody has something to sell which fits my need or knows somebody, just hook me up with a message! Would be greatly appreciated!

Regards Dominik

1 Like

maybe just get a battery mod for your gtx?

3 Likes

Yeah, was thinking the same and I’m still waiting for a response from “kevindark” for a 10S8P pack. Just wanted to look for other options :slight_smile:

1 Like

:grimacing: Better don’t get a battery from him if you don’t want to rebuild it directly again. If you want a well made pack in the EU ask @pjotr47 he‘s doing a great job.

4 Likes

Optional you can get a prebuilt trampa and get a battery from the guys I said or just get lipos as option.

2 Likes

I agree with Andy, Kevin isnt the man for these kinds of things anymore. @pjotr47 will sort you out nice and proper :+1:

2 Likes

@Andy87 @anon64938381 Thanks for this tag!

A 10s8p upgrade is possible. But you need to think about: is it worth to do such a expensive upgrade for you board. Sometimes it is better to sell your board and start with a new :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Exactly what I did, I was either going to trick out a Trampa deck and risk imperfections ruining it, or buy a kaly deck… goodbye Trampa :drooling_face:

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I thought, too! The GTX isn’t bad at all…but if I see all that Lacroix, Landyachts and other custom beauties…

The main problem is to find someone who is actually selling something well-built AND in my price scope (max. $2700) AND is in the EU… (that VAT, customs is killing every overseas boards)

The only reasonable board I found yet, is the Eskating Dual Beast Evo 12S5P version. But it’s going to be like $2500 and a lot of waiting time. What do you think? Don’t know if this board can carry my heavy ass to the 60km mark!

@e.board_solutions

Is making a prebuilt

I haven’t looked at it much but he seems like a stand-up guy

3 Likes

I don’t want to take your illusions, but with pneumatic wheels you can calculate about 20wh/km minimum (i need more likr 30wh/km), so 60km would need a battery with as min 1200wh. This would mean a 12s10p with 30q cells round about.

2 Likes

Skaterboy58 built a variant of Lacroix with “13-14 Wh/km consumption”.

Then it would be around 900wh. But whatever, that would be my scope! :slight_smile:

1 Like

On urethane or pneumatics? I‘m ready to believe, but I want to have a proof for that :joy:

1 Like

This thread:

Looks legit :slight_smile:

I don’t see any data logs. Maybe I just have overseen that. Not gonna start a trouble over that. If people get 14wh/km on pneumatics than ok that’s cool. I can just speak about my own experience and that’s definitly double of it. Maybe my riding style is so different from his (what’s pretty likely :sweat_smile:) or my tires not pumped up enough…:tipping_hand_man::joy: but I think I can say if you drive that power saving you either pretty light and slowly driving or you just invented the pneumatics super hix drive :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I do most off the time 18wh/km on my trampa. My weight is only 70kg. Rinsing style is not crazy but also not that normal/boring. If I keep it normal I can do 14wh/km. if I go really crazy I do 25wh/km

1 Like

@longhairedboy sells an upgraded battery mod for your board.

That sounds like the perfect amount of experience to competently build an electric skateboard as well :slight_smile:

If you do decide to go that route, I have a Hummie deck with a double stack enclosure I could sell you for 200€ + shipping. I bought it for a bit less because it was a good deal, but I wouldn’t mind changing my build plans if someone wants it more than me :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I just don’t want to see another guy telling his board a la sag :sweat_smile: i don’t say 14wh is impossible, just :tipping_hand_man: If that’s the range I aim for I would rather calculate with a value that is more average than with a value that is pretty much maxed out on the min scale. Still think that 20wh as average consumption is a good point to start with.

1 Like