REVIEW and EU/USA GROUP BUY - 90mm MAD Hub motors 75Kv or 130Kv - Dual 170 Euro. 1st round Closed_ Working on the DD conversion Kit_Mad Fury

Do these hubs fits straight onto caliber 2 trucks?

There won’t be an erpm issue with the 130kv hubs.

130 x 50.4 = 6552 6552 x 7 = 45,864

Well below 60k

Pretty sure that they’re 24 or 28 pole so 12 or 14 pole pair.

1 Like

Ahh, got yah. My bad

Just double checked, yeah they’re 14 pole pair. 130Kv x 50.4V x 14Pp= 91728 erpm

1 Like

@pat.speed @Colson003 Yes they are 14 poles so 10s and mostly 12s you have to limit the ERPM in the VESC setting. If you check the video about it in 12s they reached 38-39mhp which is insane for hubs. I think that in 10s once loaded you are still pretty safe. I won’t spin them at max on bench

1 Like

No they need Paris truck. I pasted a link where you can buy a pair for really cheap. I can also provide them in case you do not want to buy directly.

Just run them in FOC, don’t have to worry about the erpm.

1 Like

Unfortunately still have cheap VESC, fine for BLDC but they will fry in FOC. Anyhow I am going with 10s, is a short board so should be ok. I am so curious to try them out and compare it with my current one. Of course with telemetry data.

I am getting Flipsky vesc6 based from the group buy organized by @moon, thanks man. So I would be able to run them also in FOC and without care about ERPM even at 12s… Anyhow getting home from holiday. I will post more pictures and tests in the next weeks. Can’t wait! @adamm reserved other 2 hubs… So only 5 sets to go…

2 Likes

i would be probably in for a set too. Just waiting your test results and your recommendations. How is your time planning, mean when you plan to order and how long usually takes the delivery to you? Can you ship them to Russia too?

1 Like

I am now getting home. In the next weeks I am planning to test them. First modify a bit to secure any screws ecc as I explained in the previous posts. I ride my board every day so I already have telemetry for my current set up and I will do same test for the new one and post it. The test one I got it in 10 days from the order. I am anni g to order as soon we reach the minimum order to get the deal of 10 full set. We are 5 to go. With you 4 left. Yes I can ship to Russia. I will check again but I don’t think is a problem.

1 Like

I checked Russia has the same price of EU. So is gonna be 35 Euro with tracking number up to 5 Kg. If you find a better price, of course we can use that one.

1 Like

So here the pics of how they look like. They seem legit. The screws come without loctite, better because I wanted to open them anyway. The copper wiring seems nice and as the torque board they have 22 stators and 28 magnets. The replaceable PU is rather thicker but harder than the Meepo hubs, I think it’s listed at 90A, we’ll see how comfortable they are. For sure the PU will last longer. The motor size is remarkable, I put it next to the mouse to better understand the size. They come 4mm bullet connectors, as the majority of brushless motors, so I will change them to 5.5mm ones for my VESC. As well as the JST to the PH ones. NOt a big deal. Next week when back I will install them and test it :wink: I will list here all the members who asked for a set, Please make sure that you filled the Google form at the beginning. @lockeboss @Zentaria @Olli @stormboard1 @adamm

Potential @Andy87

5 sets to go!

IMG_20180811_143359IMG_20180811_143446IMG_20180811_131902IMG_20180811_143633IMG_20180811_141155

4 Likes

Hi! Since I am still waiting for the Paris truck clone to come. I may buy the original one to test the motors. Could you tell me whether I need the 180mm Paris truck or also the 195mm will fit? I think you went for the 180mm if I am not wrong by the picture. Thx!

Yeah, mine are on 180’s. 195’s will work too

1 Like

At the end I got the clone today, when I have ordered the original one yesterday. Fine, I can choose which one to use. One question, by looking to your pictures seem like your hub could slide on the truck without any modification but in my case the end of the truck doesn’t come out of the wheels. I would need to modify the truck. hub6 As you can see, I need 5 cm of axle bar to reach the other side. The inner diameter of the hub becomes the same of the bar where indicated by the arrow. Although your truck looks the same size of what I have. Do you think it is because of the 130Kv compare to 75Kv? Thx

EDIT: I see, I didn’t see the axle extension in package to actually attach them. Nevermind. So actually your rear truck is wider than the front one.

How this extension look like? And I never used Paris trucks yet, is there a big difference in quality between the originals and that from Ali? The 130kV bigger than 75kV?:thinking:

No no I didn’t check the entire box. The extensions are two black aluminium things, really easy to use. The size of the motors is the same indeed. About the different between the two trucks I never used both on the same board, but since they are not precision truck anyway, the difference is mainly made by pivot cup and bushing, which I do replace it. IMG_20180813_114500

1 Like

Complete review will come. Today first day riding them. I have to admit that I am a bit scared :laughing: I still have to get the confidence with them. 130Kv (mine are actually 110Kv, better) with 10s3p 30Q battery. BLDC sersored, smooth AF. Results is crazy fast! To be honest I do not if I can get the top speed with my short board. I hit above 40 in 30-40 meters. They have slightly lower take off power than the 75Kv (mine are 65Kv), although if you push the throttle they still pull. The difference that around 15 km/h they start to pull as hell. I will post a better review in the next days. I need to ride them :wink:

IMG_20180815_123501IMG_20180815_123533

5 Likes