EU/UK Group Buy Deck - BKB Tayto and // optional enclosure single stack and double stack

Thanks for the update BigBen any idea on the size and shape of the mold?

Been too long I know but I have a mould made! I would put a photo up but the forum is having troublesā€¦ Iā€™ll try to get the first ones made this weekendā€¦ I have a few spare decks too if anyone wants another.

5 Likes

Well, nothing is stopping you from using an image sharing site until the forum is sorted. The public wants to knowā€¦:sunglasses:

1 Like

That is great uhu

Photo from BigBen last week just thort Iā€™d leave it hear for otheres to see as well. Just wating on a smart BMS to be built and see the sizes the encloser is untill I work out what size battery to make Iā€™m playing with the idea of a 3P 9S T40 because of space restrictions. Any one got any real word exsperiance with these cells? Spec look as tho there a good choice over Q30ā€™s but that doesnā€™t always follow to be true in pratis. (My main concern is the regen rate of 3p)

Imo for 3p 30T or vtc5a. Charge current for 30t is same as 30q (1.5a, 4a fast). vtc5a is 6a charge.

Iā€™v started to come to the conclusion that the charge current is the biggest limiting factor for my needs of a small pack and your right in the VTC5a only other thing thatā€™s compeating is the 40t has the same charge current but mooch thinks the VTC5a has a better life span at 1.5a T40 has a better life span at 1a.

Leaning towards the VTC5a as you sergested or just go with the q30 as there just grate value. Just seems strange we spend 1000+ on a board and try to save a few $ on cells.

Donā€™t delay buy today :wink: nkon is running some crazy sale on vtc5a

I donā€™t know if I can resist much longer.

EDIT

Consider lipo (HK Graphene) or A123 26650. Space is an issue though.

Sorry for the lack of apparent progressā€¦ I keep getting called away from home for work time after time. (writing this on the Chunnel train againā€¦) I have 2 moulds more or less done now. Hereā€™s the first one I mock up which was a bit tight on the enertion clone mounts. Other mounts may work with this and hubs would be perfect. Iā€™ve made another mould with more space that should work better but not had the workshop time to get one made and tested. Hereā€™s the first one mounted though and batteries laid out for size.A4D0099C-46F7-463C-B131-25F0E501372FIMG_6993 IMG_6994 808AF068-A7A6-4E25-A7AE-440EEC936491 IMG_6982 Top one is a 10s2p with 20700 cells IMG_6987

7 Likes

Looks good! Maybe you can make the mood less ā€œaerodynamicā€ to allow more room for the motor mounts image

2 Likes

Wasnā€™t it exactly what he is going to do with the next one? :thinking:

1 Like

It looks awful.

And you ruined the deck by drilling holes into it.

Send it to me for safe disposal :sunglasses:

I may have been distracted by all the beautiful pictures and missed that part :smile:

1 Like

when you say bit tight is in reference to the motor clearance? thinking using a gear drive been a bit tighter to the trucks do you think it fit?

Iā€™ve done another version like in your drawing. Should give better clearance. Shorter distance to motor and angle of mounts will affect clearances.

@Grozniy @Eretron @sk8l8r @Darkie02 @Andy87 Enclosures are mostly moulded, need to trim them and pack them with everything for each and every oneā€¦ Iā€™m going away on Friday so this is gonna be tight! @F.Taylor I still have your deck no? When I get back from holidays I will have some taytos to sell with enclosures if needed.

3 Likes

Yea was out the country for a bit, will send you the cash for shipping now mate. Cheers.

1 Like

Great, I am not in a hurry, so I can wait for you to return from holidaysā€¦ If that will make your schedule a bit less tight until Friday

1 Like

Iā€™m not in a hurry @bigben :wink: Also maybe it will be simpler to send them with my parts from @moon bug ?

I think, I will have some stuff from @moon tomorrow. Iā€™ll see what is there.