(EU) - Group Buy - Cheap Hub Motor Set 90 mm CANCELED

Cool! Of course, you should have it this week :+1:

1 Like

I beg your pardon guys, but I have to get out of the group buy. Still too incompetent on this subject to make these guys run😓

No problem. Anyhow I come from a pre-built board so I had to learn everything from scratch. You will see that in this forum there are all the knowledge that you need. Belive me that if you are planning to build a hub motor drive with a modest budget this set is a good deal. I am also bulding my first board. It just wanted to be an advice and an encouragement to don’t quit :grin: Good luck!

1 Like

Actualy mine are a bit more powerfull with 500w it’s the 90 mm version @caprabianca Man we all been to this stage one day. More than 2 years ago I bought a cheap chinese board that broke the first day. At this time there wasn’t meepo and all all the chinese boards were garbage I was so frustrated and understood that what is reliable is what you can repair and maintain by yourself. I remember when i ordered all the parts from enertion ( enertion was selling DIY parts in the past ) i panicked upon order telling myself i would never make it and loose all my savings in this ( raptor 1 parts was super expensive ). In the end it’s among the best things i have did with my hands, and it’s thanks to this community. Just read and read every thread you can find some piece of information that can help you better understanding evrerything. Most of us was to the same point you are today donnt give up, read a lot and ask you as many question as you can and in a matter of weeks you ll be able to make your board.

2 Likes

I know it and I hope so. Although several people are claming that there are no difference between the 90mm hub motor on diyeboard (500W) and the one on wowgo, meepo, ownboard ecc… (250W) since they buy the components from diyeboard. We should ask Jason about it. Now I am curious.

1 Like

You made me curious as well ! They advertise them differently but they could lie… But i know for sure the 500w has crazy torque like if you don’t stand properly it will throw you off and @sayekim hadthe same experience but with 83 mm 250W

The one @sayekim is using are from wowgo so actually the 90mm 250W version that we are wondering been the same diyeboard sells.

This story is getting weird ! I tought wowgo/meepo was all 83 mm hubs Diyeboard defenitely say 90 mm are 500w Let’s ask jason since he’s back from holiday

1 Like

meepo, wowgo,ownboard, verreal all of them are 90mm that’s why it’s wierd!

Oh didn’t know that. Actualy have you seen a new rebrand verreal ? With the same hubs but a bit modified with replacable urethane

Yes I have seen it. It has a different front cover but I am not sure that you can not use Verreal’s replaceable cover also for diyeboard’s hubs. There is a video on YouTube of a guy taking apart a meepo hubs and they look the same.

2 Likes

That is what I get now with the 250 watt Wowgo 90 mm hub motors. However I can’t get it to run faster than 34 kph with the Sanyo 10s2p from Meepo. I thought I read you are getting 40 kph out of them but is that with the 500 watt hubs from diyeboard?

1 Like

I’m so confused right now lol😬 I’m very tempted to buy them honestly… I’ll make up my mind this afternoon and tell you if I’ll eventually buy those, thanks for the support!

3 Likes

Ah I see. I get payed next weeks thursday. So have to sit back and see if there’s any seats left then.

2 Likes

For the record…

PS:Previuos post delated because I pasted the wrong link and I couldn’t change it anymore :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I actually might buy into this because I’m having all the issues with my current motors- do you know if we can replace the urethane ourselves?

It´s not replacable, it´s bond to the motor housing, that you don´t get any slipping urethane. If you wanna replace it you´ll have to replace the motor bell - i think someone posted a link here where you can buy new ones for cheap.

When the urethane is done, just buy new motors - still cheaper than lot´s of wheel options :smiley:

1 Like

Up to know Verreal is the only one sell it for 40USD the pair https://verrealboards.com/products/replaceable-hub-motor-urethanes.

I don’t see it as 40 dollars for the pair. It is just one so 80 for the pair.

I might look into making an open source mould for casting replacement urethane wheels, but I first would have to destroy the f out of the urethane to get all the motorcan measurements.

4 Likes