(EU) - Group Buy - Cheap Hub Motor Set 90 mm CANCELED

Ffs when will this addiction end? Will it ever? My wallet is getting so fucking light! Pffft. @TarzanHBK when do you need an answer?

4 Likes

There will be no difference, both motors have 75 KV . With a 10S battery you will get the same top speed as now. The motors from Meepo and the diye ones are the same.

Which hub motors will get me faster than with 10s? and why and how would the wattage matter? These are twice the wattage, does that mean that it will only give me better acceleration?

Hummies, Enertion Raptor, Torqueboards hubs

http://calc.esk8.it/#{“batt-type-lipo”:0,“batt-cells”:10,“motor-kv”:75,“system-efficiency”:85,“motor-pulley-teeth”:1,“wheel-pulley-teeth”:1,“wheel-size”:90}|

1 Like

Check the thread of @ElskerShadow on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/ElectricSkateboarding/comments/7tc5k5/meepo_hubs_10s3p_25r_cells_focbox/ He posted in this discuss too before. He is pretty happy with them and got a higher speed than you with these hub motors. I also not sure they are different but we should ask Jason whether they sell two different versions.

That is not true, by any stretch of the imagination.

That’s like saying a small block 350 and a Toyota V* are the same because they have 200HP from the factory. The 350 will beet the yota hands down every time because of startup torque, the ability to adjust the level of choke, fuel flow and carb chamber size.

Just because the KV is ‘said’ to be the same doesnt mean it is. In my experience most motors are not within 5% of their rated KV and the chinese unbranded motors are worse than most.

1 Like

I also think they are not the same, at least I hope so :smiley: It’s also true that meepo ecc gets the motors from diyeboard. Maybe the keep the “sport” model for their webshop.

Don´t get me wrong, we are not talking about torqueboard hubs. We are talking about the generic ones from diyeboard.com. The ones without replaceable Urethane. As far as i know they are from the exact same factory then the Meepo ones. I got them here and i am running them with VESC´s my topspeed does not exceed 40Km/h even with 30 Amps Batt Max.

1 Like

135€ shipped to your EU door, that´s right :slight_smile:

1 Like

yah bro… my wallet hates me…

some guys are in a rush, so we try to get this done as fast as possible. I will order as soon as we have 10 orders and all the monies collected :+1:

1 Like

How is the torque? To me 40Kmh is what I was aspecting from them. I am fine with it. Good that someone else already tested it on a diyboard.

The 250 watt hubs have crazy amount of torque when I set batt max to 45. It will throw me off, unless I really stand low and lean forward.

Still wonder then wat the watts actually represent in terms of performance then

Yes I read that and don’t see how I am getting to 40 kph. Must be the bms bypass then or I don’t know what. 40 kph is fine with me although I think that might get slow pretty fast too. I thinkm sweet spot for me would be 45 kph

They are good for what they are. For me the torque is enough, the Maytech hubs have more torque, but overall i like the the ones you are getting better. Less heat better Urethane, more quiet. I am a 200 lbs guy and they even drag me up some Japanese hills. But that might have caused my Vesc to die. You will have plenty of fun with them.

2 Likes

my bad, i read diy as .

1 Like

That’s sounds good! I was doubting between the them and the Maytech’s one but the they seem to have indeed more heat problem.

Can i only buy 4x. 90mm wheels to??

Sorry my english is not the best! Easy to get me wrong. I like it when people say what they think!

1 Like

No sorry. We’re only getting the Hub kits. If we’re getting more we’re stretching the shipping weight further and might even pay more.

But we’ve quite a few wheel options in EU. @PredatorBoards is currently collecting orders for some really nice 90mm labeda wheels from California. I’ll be collecting the EU orders for these :blush:

1 Like

In for one set, did the other order ship?

1 Like