eSkate Lights thread

@JonathanLau1983 that looks cool…tell me more =)

1 Like

I’ve just posted how I did it on my build thread:

I want the lights as clean as possible… so i integrated it into the risers. The front raiser with charge port and O/OFF button is still in testing. I love it.

15 Likes

Nope :slight_smile: Mine rattled the usb connector off and it’s neigh impossible to get inside it without destroying it.

IMG20181222150323

I find helmet mounted lights the most useful for spotting obstacles up ahead…

11 Likes

what about these lights…jpg_640x640

Not sure how you was make the turn signal function on a board without some sort of sensor.

With an Arduino like the firefly. should work if you know how to program it.

Or a multi channel remote. I think I have seen one from flysky with 6ch or so. You can just connect every ch for different directions etc.

I know the photon can do indicators with RGB strips.

1 Like

So this inspired me to try “integrating” an easy way to mount lights to your remote, and I figured what better platform then Picatinny rails? So I’ve made a rough mockup for the Feather remote, any feedback? The second image shows a possible use case with some part I found on Thingiverse that is a flashlight holder, but truthfully any gun light should work. What’s cool as well is that you can use GoPro lights just by getting a Picatinny to GoPro mount

EDIT: would work well with something like this! 2st%20Try%20v2%203 2st%20Try%20v2%20with%20light%20rail%20(1)

6 Likes

Is anyone aware of maybe have used a chip led in DIY front light? I’m having a hard time finding something in the 5-9v range with decent lumen output.

Which lights are those?

Looks really nice and stealthy. Maybe lights/signals option could be implemented in Feather remote. Anyway, I think all controls will sooner or later migrate to the remote

I really like this setup. Focuses light where you look. Retroreflective tapes shine brightly. Bright. Rechargeable. Cheap.

I tried several different configuration of board mounted lights. They all suck. Vibrations make them rattle, come off loose, don’t focus light where I want, create annoying Shadow on ground. IMG_20190216_050124

2 Likes

image image just added lights on the spud :potato:!!

5 Likes

did you do that yourself? if so! can i know what type of system you used? thanks

System? Its a cheapo light from Walmart I epoxyed on the tail and a cheap flood light from frys. It has one 18650 to recharge. i took it apart and resoldered and hot glued. Also added lots of yogamat for dampening. Whole thing was less then $30 to put together

2 Likes

My Flashlight needs 8.4V My Battery has 50.4V, the usb port of my focbox has 5V

I can’t find a dc converter (only adjustable ones, which i have no clue how that should work)

Anyone an idea of how to connect it?