eSkate Lights thread

My friend gave me the one I have, he forgot to give me a mount lol

i tried the spot/flood combo and wasnt impressedā€¦ spot all the way!

1 Like

heres the ones me and @Saturn_Corp haveā€¦ this is the best one Ive tried so farā€¦

2 Likes

Some one I haveā€¦ it doesnā€™t have enough of a throw for me personally

I thought it was that other one but on the side of mine it says nilight

the problem really is that its mounted on a skate deck a few inches off the groundā€¦ im quite sure that if the light were over a foot off the ground (or more) there would be way better spread on the road.

I will test this theoryā€¦ with my mtbā€¦ Iā€™ll make a mount that throws itā€™s ~6" up from the truck mount

If youā€™re using it on a MTB then you could use a bike handlebar extension like Iā€™ve got. This will help raise the height a bit.

4 Likes

yes for science! Actually the first light I was using on my board was the same one I had on my delivery ebikeā€¦ I have the light mounted just below the delivery basket and i get great throw down the roadā€¦ when I mounted the same light on the board it was hard to get it to spread out on the road like it does on my bike, same light different resultsā€¦

Can you give a clear picture of the mounting setup? I want to see how you did it vs how the manufacturer thinks it should be done. One of the aluminum fins that holds the tiny nuts in is getting bent and mangled pretty bad in multiple spots from all the vibrations and leverage this heavy light has.

i have to make a mount

I thought I share my experiences with this 12V/18W LED light here (width about 15cm/6inch).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1Pcs-2Pcs-18w-DRL-LED-Spot-Flood-Work-Light-Worklight-9-32V-4WD-12-volt-led/32835112621.html

I bought a flood and a spot version but the spot is much better. I wanted to mount it on my MTB but realized the poor illumination level so close to the ground like this:

When holding it in my hand itā€™s much better and I see everything. Next step is to find out the minimum height from ground with good visibility. This was the first test:

5 Likes

They have those one at Wal-Mart which was nice to look at in person before buyingā€¦ It was a lil too wide for my deck imo but still good output

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s not that small thatā€™s why I thought about MTB, maybe I add a second one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edited my previous post with a pic so itā€™s easier to estimate the size.

Can you link this please :grin:

1 Like

These lights are on Amazon as well.

Are these powered by a separate battery or do they turn in whenever your board is powered on?

Wil these survive the vibrations of the road?

USB charged, like shredlights

Iā€™ve embedded under board lighting into my current build, canā€™t wait to get this board done and running.

18 Likes