eSkate Lights thread

heres my 2 cents…and install on the above pictured light and an additional light i swapped on that i use on my ebike!

Front lights

Rear lights

Used a part of this rifle flashlight mount to secure the lights to the board.

2 Likes

Kit for sale

2 Likes

Nice lights

that just gave me an awesome idea. screw some picatinney rails to the bottom of the board! win!

3 Likes

Yeah. That’s what this is. But took that mount apart and used one piece only to have it closer to the deck.

Hi can you hook me up

You just wanted the STL files from that rendering?

Will do that’s great

Where do I get the stl files I just ordered my 3d printer for Friday

Probably from thingverse

@briman05 thank I found it there.

‪https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2563121‬

would you like a pcb that let’s you contol the ledstrip (modes and colors) via your remote control?

you will need a remote like https://www.banggood.com/2_4GHz-Radio-Remote-Controller-Receiver-Transmitter-For-Electric-Skateboard-p-1125575.html?rmmds=myorder&cur_warehouse=CN this one because it has besides a throttle control another output (that big circle)

Would just like to share my lighting system. My dad used to be EMT and he had 2 round LED that can run off 8 aaa batteries and I had 2 4aaa battery holders wired in series and mounted one light in front and one in back and they are blinding bright. It’s amazing. They are from a company called strobes n more

I’ve been working on exactly that for a couple years now and plan to make a post about my project soon(ish). Some pictures of the lighting controller and my board can be found HERE.

The lighting controller takes 15-50v in and allows you to control nine PWMed 12v outputs: 1 head light, 1 tail light, 2 RGB side LED strips, and 1 auxiliary port (for a horn). It also provides a 12v output for any 12v devices people want to add to their board (Im thinking a speaker system).

The lighting modes include 2 static modes and 5 dynamic modes. The static modes are ones that are not influenced by the ride at all. The dynamic modes use (depending on the mode) a combination of data from the ESC and an on board 9-DOF IMU.

To control the lights and motor the user has 3 options: a PPM remote, a Wii Nunchuck remote, or the Android app. The PPM remote allows the user to turn the lights on and off. The Nunchuck allows the user to turn the lights on and off and cycle through modes. The Android app provides an interface to customize the lighting modes, monitor all motor characteristics in a graphical view, monitor IMU data in a graphical view, get stats about your ride including a google maps view of the route, and control the motor with a dynamic remote.

5 Likes

I enjoy riding at night.

15 Likes

wow amazing!!! I follow you on instagram now, cool modes you have!

Thanks, I appreciate it! I need to post about the rest of the cool features and modes I’ve packed into the module but I always get too distracted with more development :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Went to Home Depot and picked up the exact setup for headlights but with better flashlights as suggested. You the man guido!!!