eSk8Tube Video thread

Spacers a little complicated. It should be a snug (not tight) fit between the bearings.

In my experience the spacers that come with buddy flywheels are too small. I usually get them 2mm too large and then file them down a little bit at a time.

Most people don’t like the plastic spacers but I’ve found that they tend to perform better, but not for very long. I bout 20 sets of plastic spacers and speed rings off eBay for around 2 bucks, don’t remember exactly as it’s been a few months.

2 Likes

I lock my wheels down tight with these spacers. Because they have thicker walls than most skate spacers they provide a very solid setup and my wheels spin for a long time. The fit really depends on the particular wheels your using. If they wind up being a little big, then I just let the wheels float on them a little because it would be very difficult if not impossible to file or hand grind them down while keeping the mating surface flat and square. You would really need a lathe to trim them accurately.

I’m gonna order some of those spacers, prolly sweet.

BTW, the way you file them.is with a jig. I don’t have a pic, but it’s essentially a piece of 2x4 drilled to hold the spacer tight horizontally and th exact depth you want vertically. Set the 2x4 between to pieces of angle iron (which are clamped to a table top) with the file clamped underneath. Then you just run it back and forth until it stops sanding. I do 4 at a time usually.

I didn’t think of making a jig. That’s a great idea @mmaner

Always openmindet for new stupid things (-;

11 Likes

insane. such creativity.

1 Like

A lovely ride with @ekitesurfer and @KlethBane

Hope you guys enjoyed the ride!!!

VEGAS GROUP RIDES!

Hit us up!!!

4 Likes

The ride was nice but your boards are loud. Time for foc mo fo’s!

1 Like
2 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes
10 Likes

Robots with skates… :astonished:

5 Likes

saw that yesterday. Pretty nice and scary at the same time.

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Awesome promo! Lots of great views…

5 Likes

This also works quite well with multi cell battery packs using a BMS Note: As stated in the video, this can only be done with a C/C C/V power supply with adjustable voltage and current. For those who like to charge their packs below the max voltage, this is a good way to fully control the charge process.

1 Like

Riding with @Jeff and the crew today

4 Likes