ESK8 WW Field Study. Statistical Analysis of Telemetry Data. METR / ACK / eSkate VESC etc

Well done @bevilacqua

I was going to ask for the driving cycle data but forgot to check the appendix

One question, would be possible to easily extrapolate from the data a driving cycle that represent the let’s say top 5% of top 1% more power intensive board/riders that would still be representative? or there is too little data on that top range?

My knowledge of statics is basic at most

My guess would be that the database is not big enough select such a small percentage. I have an exam Tomorrow but after that I can take a look and see what could be done, lets discuss it Tomorrow evening.

Don’t use the DC from the appendix, I’ll post the CSV file later, that way you dont have to convert it form the text. I also could prepare one with a 2hz interval to smothen the curve a bit.

Thanks a lot, no hurry

My reasoning is that while the cycle you described it’s perfect for consumption, it wouldn’t be good for doing the thermal analysis, since a motor designed to stay within a reasonable temperature for the driving cycle, would probably overheat in demanding situations

The problem is how to define what is a extrema situation and how good it should perform under those conditions, I don’t thinking saying for example that it should climb a 20% grade for 1km at 35 km/h is representative or even a valid assumption at all

what you could do is select the microcycles that have a higher consumption value than a target number, say for example 20wh/km, where the motor is supposed to be stressed more. Out of those pool of microcycles, you could create an “aggressive”-DC that suits your needs.

Super easy to implement for me, just need time to perform the selection and generate the random data.

1 Like

That would be perfect, and coupled with them I could also throw some steady state long hill climbs to determine what it can take

Let’s say it’s designed to optimally perform under this aggressive cycle but also can take the stress of edge cases without melting

1 Like

@bevilacqua awesome report! Just read through it, man that’s some detailed data and analysis!

After seeing the report I now wish I had submitted more data… I think I might have only submitted 3 csv files or something. Great stuff!!

It’d be awesome if we had an open source repository/website where we could just bulk upload CSV files and have it automatically integrated into all sorts of community graphs, something akin to your report but real time

1 Like

The creation of the repository is definitely going to happen, have to take 1-2h this weekend to plan it. I would like to move the matlab preprocessing part to some kind of python cloud computing.

I have sadly no Idea on how to do web-page oriented programming

Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That would be great

How about using a google docs spreadsheet set as read only, easy to plot everything, but no idea how to make it read your database, maybe just update it offline and upload once a month

yeah, I only would have to open Matlab ab. once a week, the rest would happen automaticly. Some data interactivity would be nice, otherwise there is no attraction for users to submit data. They become lazy :sleeping:

2 Likes