ESK8 For Pokemon Go

If you haven’t heard yet, a new game was released called Pokemon go. Pokemon Go is a free-to-play mobile app that you can download for iOS or Android. The game works by using your phone’s GPS for your real-world location and augmented reality to bring up those cool-looking Pokemon on your screen, overlaid on top of what you see in front of you. And you—the digital you—can be customized with clothing, a faction (or “team” of players you can join) and other options, and you level up as you play.

Anyways, this game is giving me a reason to go out an about on my board: http://imgur.com/W64zWTz

I suggest you give it a try! It is a lot of fun, even if you have never played a Pokemon (like me)/ I have met a lot of other people playing it and they always ask about my board.

2 Likes

Yeah, I got it on my phone. Another reason for a ride.

Parts for my board hasn’t arrived yet but this was one of my initial reactions to Pokemon go when it was release XD

Be aware this has only just came out & is already being used to rob people. Bad enough losing your phone / wallet, but your eSk8 too!? :frowning: Others have wandered into hazardous areas and another was led to a body! Stay safe.

yeah, it could be used for bad. I only go out during they day, and in public areas.

I think the robberies were both during the day and in public spaces, parking lots etc. I think you might actually have an advantage on them. A quick getaway!

:joy: gee I hope so

Scored a few last night. It takes 400 candies to upgrade magikarp. What that bloody hell.

I hadn’t even thought of this… This is amazing XD

Anyone anybody heard about some guy who used Air Droid to control his android from his laptop wirelessly, and attached it to his drone and flew his phone around on the bottom of it XD great idea, tho laziness at an all time high.

3 Likes

Yeah I saw that. People are crazy

I’m on an Intel Chipset for my phone, no Pokemon Go for me :*(.

I had the same thought. Taking the Eboard out with Pokemon go. Anyone know the speed to hatch an egg? I don’t want it to think I’m in a car.

I also have heard about folks being mugged.

Regardless of what you are doing - being aware of your surroundings and not going into shady spots by yourself (or at all) is best.

I’ve been chatting w/ a buddy at work who has been walking his ass off (like 10mi this weekend) for Pokemon Go. That’s cool - a IT geek getting some exercise for the game. Love the idea. I told him he needs to try e-sk8 for it next…

OHH MY GOD ME TO!!! I wanted to play it so badly :frowning: though I play Ingress which is very similar, and made by the same devs, it’s a lot of fun and works with Intel Atoms lol. I have an Asus Zen Fone 2, what kinda phone do you have?

This game honestly makes gives me a bittersweet kind of feeling… as the internet quotes: “It took Michele Obama 4 years to make progress with Americans’ fitness, it took Pokemon Go 24 hours” It’s great that people are getting outside, but a game shouldn’t be the motivation… I went to the park yesterday and about 20 people were walking around like zombies trying to “find pokemon” with this game.

I think I can hotspot and use my s3. I’m going to try it when I get home. I got a zenfone2 back in March '15, the day after it was released in Taiwan.

A hobby is a hobby. It beats being an mmorpg zombie and sitting in front of my computer 12+ hours a day.

Agreed :joy:

Just an update, version 0.29.2 now works with Intel chips!