Esk8 Engineering Presentation

i’ll ask some of my friends (high schoolers) for questions and i’ll share

2 Likes

Thanks! I plan to use Li-Ion cells (10s?p) in the future, and larger wheels for more speed. I use 20c right now. Not many hills in my area, so I opted for the cheaper option right now. DEFINITELY gonna upgrade in the future for that reason.

I plan to do a full build log at some point, just need to get my new vesc… shorted the phase wires…

1 Like

Sounds good! Thanks!

Thank you for making it easier for a 36 yr old man to understand! :expressionless:

Can anyone provide a simple explanation as to how a vesc, or any esc works?

The DRV or whatever drive chip outputs waves into the 3 phase wires of the motor syncing up the electromagnetic forcefields from the stator with the magnets in the rotor. More on that here:

1 Like

Anytime. I’m your #1 source of 15 year old wisdom

1 Like

Perfect. thanks!

I’m finished for the night, but I will be starting again tomorrow with suggestions and edits from the community. Photos will be updated as I can get them. Thanks everyone!

Take a look at the most recent edits and tell me what you think!

You need more visuals in your presentation. Make a build/assembly video of your board. Make a video of you riding it. Take some actions shots to inspire the kids. Show some videos of electric mountain boards as suspension trucks usually blow peoples minds.

Remember that kids get easily board so you gotta show them fun things in between the science or else they will just disconnect from the presentation.

1 Like

True, used to coach little kids. I had to crack a joke or be funny every ten seconds to keep their attention.

1 Like

@Ronny_CTS @Apolo

I definitely plan to! I usually “brain vomit” information first, organize it, then make it pretty with visuals. Agreed, I think everyone gets bored with visuals not just kids :joy:

1 Like

Yes ofcourse, more pics less words :nerd_face:

this doesnt even read like a engineering presentation. more like 10th grade.

and yes, way too much words on that.

Harder/tighter is more stable correct, but It has less Turning radius. softer/Looser less Stable correct but the turn radius is bigger.

what the hell are you smoking?

1 Like

You can limit thee watts easily with ackmaniacs firmware :wink:

Is that not the same thing, different wording?

1 Like

No, you said looser = smaller Turning Radius that’s wrong What do you think “turn Radios” means? radius ˈreɪdɪəs/Submit noun 1. a straight line from the centre to the circumference of a circle or sphere.

Just think can a loose spring turn easier than a tight spring?

Yes…? Unless I and many, many others are mistaken I’m pretty sure loose trucks have a smaller turning radius. Meaning they turn easier. Am I just misunderstanding what you are saying?

2 Likes