ESCape professional pcb assembly

hey @stewii i understand you’re busy i was curious if someone was to join the group buy now what is the expected turn around to receive a unit thanks :slight_smile:

turn around would be the same as everyone on this groupbuy2 if the 20 extras are not already sold.

has he mentioned an expected date he wants to hit?

“Lead time is 16 business days for PCBA, housings and cables, plus 1 week of shipping then another 2 weeks (roughly) for me to test everything and assemble.”

and then there was the delay.

1 Like

Is there any way we can get an indication as to whether or not we made the cut? If so I’d like to know because FlipSky has their ESC on sale (20% off) through the end of today. Cheers!

if you haven’t get an email yet your best bet is flipsky

2 Likes

Are people pushing 80amp through the escape vesc, like the “original vesc 6” ?

Just finished up my eMTB build… And at the moment I’m running motor max and battery max at 60amp for each vesc… But can it handle more ? It has greate airflow :grinning:

IMG_20180801_131723

12 Likes

:arrow_up: That installation is so CLEAN!! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Hello there,

I can still access the google form, but is there a group buy going on now or what is the situation?

I do not want to fill up @stewii’s inbox for no reason

1 Like

3 weeks ago he said “I ordered about 20 extra units”, so you might still catch one of the last ones. He said he’s quite busy, so I don’t know how soon he’ll reply to you.

Would anyone happen to know the order by color for maytech motor sensors as I’m getting bad foc detection on the hall sensor section?

The sensors don’t need an order as thats what the sensor detection does. Getting the positive, temp and ground in the right order is important though. (often no temp)

2 Likes

Also, I think the pins on the Escape are reversed from a normal Vesc layout, so you may have to remove the sensor pins from your plug and swap them over.

That’s right image

3 Likes

No matter what I do I can’t get the hall sensors to detect. Motor detection is fine. Any suggestions?

Did you open and verify that you Connected them properly? Did you set the switch to 5V or 3V?

this is an extension of the original maytech cable that works with ESCapes, can’t remember the original colors as they are under shrink wrap but I think there’s only one or 2 colors that are differing. Sensor switch to 5v.

Stupid question, but where and how to change from 3 to 5V and why?

There is a switch on the pcb. I assume its so you can use 3.3v and 5v sensors but I only used it in 5V. If the sensors are 3.3-24VDC operation voltage I assume it won’t work with the switch at 3.3V. I’ve never tested this so the best is to read up/test it yourself since I’m only guessing

1 Like

Open what? The switch is set to 5