ESCape professional pcb assembly

Do you have sensors on your motors? Same thing happened to me - 1 ESCape worked fine, the other no blue-led. When I unplugged my sensor wires on that, blue led lit up. Turns out my sensors on my other motor was borked.

I emailed him!

One thing that I forgot is that the pins of the connectors are reversed in relation to a VESC6! So pay attention to the label on the cover PCB guys.

2 Likes

@willpark16

I didnt want to sound rude! I just was in a hurry :joy: so apologies to everyone who understood it wrong :slight_smile:

@aethyr No didnt plug the sensors in as i dont have the correct jst plugs in the moment. :slight_smile:

All good man :joy:

1 Like

Does anyone know what bullet connectors are on these? Mine should be here today!!! WOOHOO!

Motor side:

• 12awg wire
  • 4mm bullets

Input side:

• 10awg wire
  • XT90

EDIT all confirmed.

1 Like

10Awg on the input

1 Like

Done sir :slight_smile: kindly waiting the mail now :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@stewii: First, thanks for the ESCape! I received mine early this week, already tested it and it worked great.

I have a question and sorry if itā€™s too noob. I have AS150 connectors on my batteries. To start with, I made a simple XT90 to AS150 adapter (since I didnā€™t want to mess up with the ESCape) and that works fine. But, ideally Iā€™d like to get rid of the XT90 since itā€™s an unnecessary extra connection. Can I desolder the wires from the ESCape and solder on another ones or will that void my warranty? :smile:

Thereā€™s some white glue in the case. I guess I can just carefully remove it with pliers to get access to the wires and then use hot glue as a replacement?

If you do this, itā€™ll be easier to work at the XT90 end, not the pcb end.

1 Like

Is there even warranty on a group buy like this? I assumed none when I went in on it :stuck_out_tongue:

Thatā€™s why I put the smiley face.

On the other hand, as far as I can tell, people here on the forum are very professional when it comes to problems with the stuff they sellā€¦ unless of course the problem was created by the user themselve.

1 Like

Iā€™ve also noticed this. A lot of good guys :slight_smile:

I would like deuscedown suggest to solder at the XT90 end to avoid all the hassle. I did make my own case for the escape and I fitted it in the housing with silicone. Shouldnā€™t be hard to take it out and put silicone back on it when installing.

1 Like

My dual arrived in Saint Louis, Missouri :smiley:

2 Likes

Is there any word on how we pay for the new round of orders

Thanks @stewii, my 2 x ESCapes arrived today :smiley:

@stewii received it today, and they look fantastic. Canā€™t wait to start my Evo build!

Should get an email after filling out the form. Still waiting on the email order instructions.

Another thanks @stewii, received mine this morning.

I donā€™t have a spare motor, or battery pack to play with, but the basics checked out ok. image

Just the one gotcha. While the comm port pins are labelled in the same order, the male jst connector in the ESCape is around the other way to a VESC 6. This means you canā€™t just take a VESC 6 BT module for example and plug it straight into the ESCape. I guess you could force it in, but these connectors are only meant to go in one way. Itā€™s certainly not a big deal to switch the pins around, just something to watch out for. image

UART Baud rate was set to 9600 on mine, just in case others (ie; me) are wondering why/why not your BT module was not working straight away.

8 Likes

Thanks @LukePL Now i can finish my eMTB build IMG_20180621_171550

3 Likes