ESCape professional pcb assembly

I see anodizing is in general problem for everyone :smiley: It’s like making for few days and then few weeks for anodizing :smiley:

1 Like

It’s not that bad but it’s another stage in the process that you have to relay on someone. This is also the first time with them so it’s a kind of to know each other to make future cooperation smoother.

2 Likes

Nice very excited for these!

Yeah finding a reliable anodizer can be a pain, once you find a good one that fulfills orders quickly AND the time frames stay consistent don’t ever let them go lol

Other than for the looks is there any need for anodizing these? Does it help for corrosion protection and is that needed in a dry enclosure?

@stewii, I would like to order 2 as well, including housing. Impressed by the work and design (@LukePL too!). Tried to PM you, but can’t seem to find any ‘PM’-button. Hope you still have some available!

Great job @stewii . My vescs came today and I’ve loaded my toolchanger last night on my cnc machine for this specific case. Gonna mill it today and maybe get to test the vesc tomorrow :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Would there be any downsides to applying some conformal coating for extra water resistance?

Any updates, @stewii, @LukePL? Is there an ETA?

Enclosures send to @stewii

21 Likes

my body is ready

3 Likes

I’d say you’re good if it’s to be enclosed.

The ones Luke did have a flange to allow it to be partially exposed (half in/half out) of the enclosure for additional cooling and well cool looks.

In that application the anodizing helps with corrosion resistance & wear.

1 Like

Cant wait to get mine!

1 Like

somebody already received 2nd payment request for the dual enclosure?

1 Like

I haven’t received any communication other than around the time of the original payment. If anyone else does, please let us know so we know to make sure we’re not forgotten!

3 Likes

Are there any left? Bimmer checked out and never send me my 2 escape :disappointed_relieved:

Is there a way to get my hands on these? The focbox are not enough for my carvons

More detail plz!

They overheat after 4 mins use I loose all my acceleration super quickly into my ride sometimes just 2 mins after I started

1 Like

This doesn’t sound right but thanks for clarification

Yeah it happened since I updated the firmware and I can’t manage to go back to 2.18 where I didn’t had any problems really