ESCape professional pcb assembly

Got the email last night, Just made initial payment for 2 (170 GBP). stupid exchange rate… :money_with_wings: :slight_smile: Thanks!

Just a quick update guys, there was a small problem sourcing a couple of components which is all sorted now but caused some delay.

I have opened the google form again because I ordered about 20 extra units so there is still some available.

8 Likes

Form filled, il check my spam later today and can send payment within 48hrs.

Is there any stencil for dual case available? I need dimensions to prepare some kind of flange or collar to mount it through.

Maybe this one helps? I found it in a other post… But can´t say 100% sure if the dimensions right.

Escape_1_690x388

2 Likes

Dimensions are spot on. They are from my drawing I believe.

1 Like

Good news, I just made a request on the google form. Thanks :slight_smile:

oh man; i think its a sign, i just popped a DRV and im not keen on repairing this vesc for the third time…time to get an escape! just submitted a request on the form

Added a request to the google form form a Dual ESCape. Thanks!

Dammit I’m tempted on a second set for a mountainboard build :crazy_face: Is this capable of that or is Max5 the best solution for going hardcore mtb? The escapes on my street hit 60degree C fairly quick when going hard on the throttle.

1 Like

I ride my MTB pretty hard, I can do a 30 degree incline for over 100 meter elevation and the Vesc doesn’t seem to even get warm. I’ll check the actual temp next time, but I haven’t found a hill that can stop me yet. I’m running 12s with alien 6384, 8 inch tires geared 5:1

How many amps are you rocking? I have 60motor 40bat on each Escape now and the mountain will need more :smiley:

Just offhand, I believe I’m at the same, I’ll do a little Hillclimb tonight and log the data for you. But just looking at some of my graphs I’m seeing peaks of 120 for the motor, and 80 to 90 for the battery. But I assume that is for both units, I’m looking at ackmaniacs monitor graph.

1 Like

Maybe it’s a different gearing… I guess I don’t need that much speed for a mountain board. This is geared for 60km/h+. Think it solves my question :stuck_out_tongue:

Any free spots left @stewii :joy:

My max speed is 38 km, I’m too scared to go faster… :rofl:

Thats a good thing. I tested my board and hit 52km/h on the second test with shorts, t-shirt and a skate helmet. When adrenaline hits the devil wins and want to have fun :stuck_out_tongue: Ordered full gear now since I know myself to well :joy:

2 Likes

Went for a ride tonight, and 105 was my max motor current, and Battery was at 58 max current, with vesc maxing out at 37 degrees Celsius. I do have a pretty big aluminum heatsink case that I assume is helping. And I rode it pretty aggressively offroad, I’m also about 90kg and it had no problem with any hill I could throw at it. I was the limiting factor in most cases. And I could probably use some more padding for the many times it bucks me off!

1 Like

just received my email to pre-pay; sent 100GBP +5% on paypal (105GBP) for payment towards 1 ESCape in single housing and 1 extra single housing. (85 for the escape and 15 for the housing)

thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

**Edit never mind. I found the cut out size. 136.5L x 67.5H image

2 Likes

Is the dual ESCape already connected by canbus when ordered? will it be delivered as a built and enclosed unit that I can “plug and play”?