ESCALATE ||| a VESC 6 derivative

I agree. I would 100% be all in for a dual vesc6 with built in anti-spark.

1 Like

What do think the Unity is base upon… Not the 4.12 :wink:

I figured it could be 6 but wasnt sure and why should enertion have all the fun with a single focbox for dual. I’m sure someone here is smart enough to figure it out. I just know it wont be me

oh really? my understanding is that the unity is based on 4.12 but with some improvements for reliability.

Well… it is really a in between product, it is more than just a beefup 4,12, since the heart of the 4.12 was mostly the drv8302. The unity is base upon the DRV8301 like the Vesc6, But I do agree it a bit confusing, since it is not a Vesc6 or neither a vesc 4.12, is it a complete different implementation of the same family of components.

Looks very promising and production friendly. Impressive routing job since the components are on one side only.

Isn’t the unity still 2 low side shunts?

1 Like

wow! This is great! Thanks for pointing me here. I was going to use the micro VESC on the race quad and the VESC 6 on my mountain board and battle bot. Any way i can get the github of the project

Hi @fedestanco ! I digged into building PCB as well, but with Kicad (would love to stick to Open Source spirit, hope I took the right way though). About building the library, were you in the need to download each component’s CAD, one by one ?

Sure, Altium and Kicad are not the same, but wondering if this process is the same though.

Hi @EnderWiggin ,as I explained you in PM these are the only requirements to get on board.

@Pimousse I tried to find as much as possible pre made footprints and 3d models already made online. Snapeda is the best source. To design footprints yourself I suggest to use a 3D editor like fusion360 and then import them as dwg. In fact I found the built in footprint designer too oversimplified. Btw if you tell me the library format of kikad I can try to convert everything a send the files to you.

Thanks for your answer ! Kicad uses *.lib (symbols) and *.mod (footprints) files.

Any chance I can jump into your A-team ? :smiley: That would ease my process by looking at the way you did (maybe too much ? Should I learn by my own anyway ?)

I am not sure for fedestanco but I am collaborating with someone to make a pcb design and I had to find CAD files for JST connecters,USB, switch and the r-sense chip. The rest I found online

Sure thing, I saw you made some pull requests to the vesc directory so PM me your email.

Update: I can start soldering the first prototype as soon as components arrive. 20180820_164324

10 Likes

Congratulations !

Looks like the Unity is getting more and more competition! Good thing for Enertion they priced it ‘competitively’ and the shipping is reasonable. Lol… :smile:

This looks amazing! :heart_eyes: Any idea what the cost will be around?

1 Like

You need yo ease up, the last few messages I’ve read that you wrote are digging at enertion. As far as I know you haven’t bought any enertion products so stick to what you know.

I say this as a community member, not as a mod.

2 Likes

This is all off topic… Anyway, I had a friend that helped me design a VESC derivative too

mmexport1534537959796

3 Likes

Lets see if shit works first. Anyways I dont expect the price tag to be over 100e depending on how much tax I’ll have to pay. BTW the fab sent me 15 extra boards I didn’t pay for. I’d be fine sending them out for free to people with good reflowing skills ( @JohnnyMeduse @JTAG …)

1 Like

Mike do you mind stop trolling on this thread? Thanks

2 Likes