ESCALATE ||| a VESC 6 derivative

Not sure how one can be a professional tester…

Lol. I test shit, I’m also electrical/power engineering and software engineering background. But my job isn’t a product tester…

Are you a professional product tester for a company? Lol… professional tester ^^ this makes me giggle

3 Likes

Doesn’t silicone also provide dampening properties but hot glue doesn’t?

1 Like

I think its more needed to hold it tight so it wouldn’t move not dampening :slight_smile:

1 Like

Name suggestions in PM please. Cool name though.

Good to know, I might look into it. There might exist a silicone which is both fast and natural cure…

@zhud any github page I can check out to have a look a your projects?

1 Like

Oh ok I always thought it was a bit of both because of esk8 vibrations and all

If it makes it easier to digest for you I’ll categorically label myself a professional and a tester, but I’m not here to decipher your perception on the world. Carry on!

1 Like

Lol ^^^^ still giggling

3 Likes

Well I personally use KAFUTER 704 RT which cure enough for manipulation in 10-15Min

3 Likes

I am a computer systems engineer at an unnamed aeronautics and research institution and my work is not available to share publicly :slight_smile:

But if you are interested I can give you some info from my personal projects. My work is mostly CMOS and hardware architecture with some work in AI and robotics as well.

Lol. We all have actual careers with work that cannot be shared. I’ve contributed to the OS community, but not Esk8 OS community. Which is why you don’t see me asking because his criteria we’re pretty clear.

Ugh giphy%20(8)

1 Like

It’s a really a big challenge to study design an ESC.and what can I do for you?:smile:

But not covert!

I’m a little disappointed that NASA were unable to make their own variant using Vedders schematic

2 Likes

PCB update: I re-routed a shunt amplifier closer to the shunt resistor to minimize EMI on the sense traces.

Case update: I sketched up this case. I had as priorities: 1)cnc cost: the whole case can be routed with 0 tool changes. Only 4mm bit is required. 2)the smaller the better (65 x 62mm) 3)pcb should’t be in contact with metal to avoid vibration transfer. I obtained this by using 2 o-rings on the 2 lateral supports. The 3rd support is already substained by the heat transfer pad, which already acts as vibration dampening.

8 Likes

@banjaxxed LOL @Deckoz i was wondering what you do for a living! @Cobber really interesting perspective. I like where your head’s at as usual Back on topic, @fedestanco it’s really great to see you working on this. Your contribution to the forum is awe inspiring. Best of luck with the exams! I’m eager to see what you can do with this “ESCiMO” lol

3 Likes

Actually this is fine; my goal is to share this with people that are already into the open-source game: this way the probability of them sharing back any improvement is much higher, but yet not assured.

you joined 2 days ago so contribute to the community, learn electronics, do open source stuff and then come back.

good job bro !

Woah. That’s the GROTESC! :sweat_smile:

I guess our new bastion is GitLab since GitHub was bought by Micro$oft haha.

1 Like

OK,Thank you so much!

Wow, that looks amazing, I’ve tried PCB design before, and it was just a complete mess trying to arrange and route the smd resistors Dx. If you have any more stock issues, I would also like the recommend using the TPW1R306PL,L1Q from Toshiba Semiconductor, it has similar electrical characteristics (RDSon and switching charge) to the ON Semi NTMFS5C604NL, but is cheaper and features double sided cooling. (Honestly, I’d avoid anything from International Rectifier brand in this performance range; their transistors are expensive and inferior to similarly priced competitors on the market.) Which current shunt amps are you using? I just wanted to let you know that the INA240 from Texas Instruments offers superior electrical characteristics and pricing compared to the ones from Analog Devices that are used on the VESC 6. If you don’t already, I would highly recommend RC snubbers on all the switch nodes for the DRV8301; I’ve seen way too many DRV chips die on my friends’ VESCs and it’s really saddening since many of them aren’t able to replace the chips themselves as it is very difficult to replace.