Enertion Vesc with drv8032 fault code

I was refering to your red battery wire going over the bottom of your sensor connector. That has the potential to pierce the wire and have your battery voltage fry your mcu.

But i dont think this is the case now

Any ideas on what I should do? Im confident that the default settings should have protected the vesc, and there arent any shorts. I havent even put a load on the motor when it was connected to the vesc

Welcome to the club. Is this the new batch made in the USA?

I had one enertion VESC arrive broken, the other broke on the second day. You will get blamed for breaking it and you will get no service. Buy your vescā€™s from Chaka and problem solved. I only buy chakas vescā€™s now becuase quality is everything with the VESC, and if anything goes wrong, youā€™ll actually get helped instead of blamed and no service.

1 Like

Arenā€™t these VESCs higher quality? Seems like they are breaking as much as the ones made in China.

Well lets see those motor connections, you replaced the xt60 for some dean connectors, do you mind opening up your shrink?

I replaced them with deans

it is the new batch, The vescs have a 60 day limited manufacturing warrenty. So Iā€™ll contact support

Uploadingā€¦

No way for a short to happen

1 Like

that is heat shrink with electrical tape and more heat shrink, my theory is maybe capacitors are shit or bldc tool bugs

We offer a VESC-PLATINUM with a 12 month no questions asked replacement warranty, did you buy that one?, its the same price as OllinVESCā€¦ if so you get a new one sent to your door for any fault, If you didnā€™t & took the cheaper option you get less service.

there wasnt that option when I bought it, but do you have any ideas? I am curious as to the reason is the chip has a fault code. Could I do anything on the bldc tool to double check?

itā€™s available as a separate purchase, if you buy it now ill send you a new VESC.

http://www.enertionboards.com/electric-skateboard-parts/1yr-vesc-replacement-warranty/

otherwise return the VESC to the manufacturer and they can investigate it, but not guarantee we can get it fixed.

Seems kinda easy to fake a fault code and pretend to have a broken esc and get two vesc for $160

Thank you for the offer, can I email enertion support, and ask them any questions? Will that do anything?

why do you insist on making uninformed broad sweeping statements like this?

we just shipped 1000 vesc in the last 4 weeksā€¦ how many have you seen being reported as faulty?

Why do people get different capacitors? some get 63v and some get 50v (myself included)

Iā€™m sure you need to send the broken one in anyways

I hope so.

Your assumption is people are using them immediately. The reality is, a lot of people get them and they sit on desks for a few months. Look at hummies hubs. Heā€™s shipped to dozens of people over the last 8 months or so, and in the last month since you made that video, your finally seeing people use them. I bought two vescā€™s from you, and I didnā€™t use them for 3 or 4 months until I could figure out a) how to use them and b) what I was going to use them with. Itā€™s too early to know right now of the quality. I know chakas are of high quality, theyā€™ve been out in the field for quite some time. These vescā€™s are new, and barely tested. I would expect due to the manufacturing changes that they are better, but itā€™s like, why go to an untested source when thereā€™s a tried and tested one?

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Should ESK8 Vendors Make a PROFIT? or NOTHING?