Enertion Raptor Third(?) batch Info roundup

Then I don’t see why my battery hasn’t shipped or why enertion doesn’t just ship the batteries out? There is nothing to wait on for the batteries I assume.

Well this is what he said 1 day ago. [quote=“onloop, post:261, topic:2219”] The raptor batteries for US customers shipped from my factory 3 weeks ago, normally takes 3-4 days of transit time, they are somewhere in US & have been for the last 2 weeks, for some unknown reason they have not arrived at distributor. As soon as the US distributor gets them they will be dispatched, i have been told they will get them soon. [/quote]

So it is possible any day you could get a notification now…

Yea I suppose, it’s just weird that for some “unknown reason” the distributor did not get the batteries and that they are “somewhere” in the US. Does that mean they are stuck at customs? Cuz if not, I don’t see why they are just stuck somewhere. Well anyway I saw his latest vlog, looks like they are seriously understaffed.

Sometimes carriers do things nobody understands…

3 Likes

@Photorph I once had my boosted board belt service kit delivered to a neighbor in another building. Spent like 2 hours calling back and forth between post office places and long story short the $#@ never knew who she delivered it to. Walked out to go for a ride (belt hadn’t snapped yet) and my neighbor was on his way to give it to me. I am very untrusting of any carrier to do things right so not surprised if our batteries are out in some random center…

I am not sure what else i can say to you guys…

so here are some general facts.

• Each carbon fiber deck takes one day to make, so max 30 per month, sold 60 last month, need the new mold, take 30 days to make the mold.

• Batteries for raptors were made months in advance, they were shipped weeks in advance, 3 weeks have passed and there is no trace of them, the latest news is they will arrive this Sunday to my US distributor… fuck knows how that is possible on a Sunday. The distributor is waiting & ready to ship to end user.

• I just ordered 250 batteries, my last order was 100, the order before that was 50, then 20… this is about 4 months of ordering which illustrates the growth. All batteries orders are paid 100% upfront with supplier… So please don’t cancel your orders, don’t order at all is better. Forecasting extreme growth is not easy.

• we are now out of stock of raptor batteries (hence why i pushed the date for new raptor orders to after June 30th - all existing orders are covered), the last 100 i ordered was meant to last 3 months, it barely lasted 1 month, it’s hard to forecast 1000% growth.

• Shipping regulations have changed about 8 times in 4 months! at one stage i couldn’t even bring my prototypes into Australia for testing, the current method we have selected this time for shipping into the US is cheaper & sounded promising for large qty bulk consignments but it was a new channel & they have let us down. We are reviewing our international battery shipping options. There is a chance regulations could change again…

• If we can’t secure a reliable & affordable route for international battery shipments our prices will need to go up to accommodate the premium direct to your door shipping option that we used to offer, 6 months ago i could ship batteries express to your door for about $60, now it cost $120. My prices have not yet been increased. Considering using sea freight & dumping huge stockpiles in EU & US, sea shipments are also slow & problematic.

• I have 2000 vesc being made, the first batch was overdue 2 months, mostly due to my extremely strict guidelines. The last batch got rejected as LED was on backward. The VESC worked but LED didn’t. Once they are sorted out (7 days from now) i will have the world’s largest supply of VESC, Maytech is considering buying from me as they can’t get theirs working. Be warned. I will also have the best warranty.

• I have spent the last 3 weeks recruiting, I have 3 new staff members, they will take weeks to train up, but already i am starting to see the workloads being reduced.

• my garage can produce about 30 raptors each month, maybe up to 60 once we are optimized with new staff trained, As of last month demand is greater than supply ability. Lead times will keep getting pushed out. We have one of the fastest production boards available… so i suppose it’s popular.

• I will be introducing a cheaper version of the raptor using a wood & carbon deck, same performance & only 0.6kg heavier. Maybe about $100 cheaper. We can produce this deck much faster as we don’t need special molds.

• I will be dedicating most of my working ours to negotiating deals with off-shore agents to help build raptors, with an agent in the US & EU i think we can build between 100-180 raptors each month, this seems like a lot to me now… but if growth continues it might only be one month worth… its sort of hard to predict at the moment as the growth is huge.

• Eventually, i will consider using facilities in china to produce the Raptor, i am worried about the IP & The quality… I will need to dedicate weeks & weeks on that deal… But it is the only way i can scale to meet demand.

• I might offer the raptor as a disassembled kit, this will be much easier as i don’t need to dedicate resources to building and i can streamline my fulfilment. For this to work, the product needs to be cheaper. I’ll try to save people around $100 on that option.

• I try to spend a few hours each week designing new products & innovating, not being on the forum has helped free up some time. I plan to keep releasing more unique, cheaper, better products every few months. Only with your support can I keep improving our offer.

• I used to answer all the emails, do all the ordering, pack all the orders & build all the raptors myself. My systems worked great! but that was only good for the scale i was at, the business has grown rapidly, we have 20X more orders to process each month… its not so small anymore! it takes time to train staff & design new systems… Literally the entire business needs to be redesigned, all our systems, our supply chain, our fulfilment, our customer service… We are working on Improving Everything now.

• Raptor prices will be going up at end of JUNE, Existing orders won’t be affected.

• I am still a stay at home dad, I work 3 days a week. I am still operating out of my garage…

• We have a new baby due in 4 weeks too.

• I have not drawn $1 out of this business for personal use, I don’t earn an income from this (yet), every cent is being reinvested in the product & growing the industry…

• I work about 16hours each day (when my boy is sleeping I also get 2-3hours of work done)

MY MESSAGE TO YOU ALL.

• Please don’t order if there is a chance you will cancel, it’s a waste our time & makes forecasting & planning our production schedule 10X harder. Cancelling an order takes 10-15mins of paperwork and means we can’t accurately answer questions about delivery schedules.

• Please don’t spam our inbox with questions we can’t answer. We can’t give exact dates, sorry. Please accept our generic responses as in many cases this is the best information we can offer at the time.

• Please think carefully about your order, review your cart carefully before paying, we can not change your order, we cannot change your address… Asking us to do this is a waste of our time. Bitching about it doesn’t change anything.

• Please be patient

• Please don’t let negative energy flow, Try to accept that we are working our arses off to deliver a product from our tiny garage to people all over the world… The world is fucking big place!

• Our product is very unique, it takes time to get it perfect & i don’t want to be pressured into to cutting corners.

• Please keep supporting us, the positive energy from the community keeps me going…

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!

4 Likes

I was with you until you said this…

I never mess my address up, and in some ways I can understand the back end of your database may not allow for appending orders with ID’s and all that, but why can’t you change someones address? In the instance that they put the wrong house number in are they just supposed to go over to whomever’s house it is and tell them to call you when they get your package?

I suppose a workaround for those that make that mistake would be to request it be held at the local post…just seems a bit annoying…

Besides that, thanks for the detailed update on everything. The battery info was the missing piece of the puzzle people have been quite upset about…

2 Likes

Just got home from partying here in Germany, its 03:52 AM. I walked across my battery that has shipped within 3 days of receiving the notification and want to give you some of my positive energy. Looking forward to the board, as do others. I just dont feel any reason to argue with you in any way, call me childish. Maybe I am too young and balanced out at the moment. Maybe because I was lucky and I am not waiting for any parts “overdue”. Just a simple and short “keep on what you are doing and have a great day” post. I liked how your text was well organized and for me good to understand. Not going into details.

Thumbs up and positive vibes :sunny:

We can’t change the address because the customer simply files a dispute saying they never got it & our tracking number shows we sent it to an alternative address.

Paypal terms & conditions:

Section 5.1, e. The item is shipped to an address not listed on the “Transaction Details Page”;

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#int_20_Complaints_and_disputes

Ahh…makes sense, fair enough. Thanks for the quick reply Jason. I hope everything works out with the manufacturers and everyone gets their stuff so we can all stop getting angry at one another and just sk8 :slight_smile:

Basically why @onloop can’t answer your emails

3 Likes

Haha got home now at 550 my party wa better

1 Like

Timestamp and spelling checks out. Can confirm @HH1 's party was way better.

2 Likes

and th eworst thing about it is that I am already up again because the guys are picking me up with a taxi to get a champagne breakfast. and to quote Roger Murtaugh: “I am getting to old for this shit” :smile:

Lol I wasnt even drunk when coming for the fact I had to drive yesterday nighg :sob:

hi Jason, so I recently moved to a new address but I still have 3 VESC orders that was made months ago and I still haven’t received any. Do you allow for an address change to ship to the new address in this case? I’ve emailed enertion support already but I haven’t heard anything back. Thanks,

We need to cancel the order & you can place the order again. We cannot change the address.

!!!Battery Problem### @onloop @carl.1
Hello, i am following this thread form beginning, but this is my first time posting :slight_smile: My battery arrived with NO CHARGING PORT. All i can see is some yellowish plastic and circuit board… I tryed to cut foil a bit to see if its just dislocated…but cant find it and i am afraid to cut foil more…also piece of plastic ring which support rubber cover is broken… damn. I already wrote mail to support twice and replay with urgent mail…but no answer due to email problems they got :frowning: . I am really sad coz I got faulty unit :frowning: after so much waiting, guess no luck. I hope I wont wait again for so long I already, almost got in my hands. any suggestions?

My order for raptor mono is #3161, and I am from Netherlands, Amsterdam

That sucks. You could solder one yourself or wait for Enertion to reply.