Enertion 2.1 raptor build contest "Solar Bone Breaker 2.0 "

Hey Mike, how did u integrated the GPS tracking ? I want to know more about it

1 Like

Beautiful and very innovative :wink:

1 Like

This build is just incredible. Very cool design. So unique!!! Would be amazing to figure a way to integrate the telemetry into the helmet visor itself. TSG better get on it haha. Thanks for posting man!!!

2 Likes

those visors are already so dang expensive on their own, imagine buying one with an integrated hud and scratching it to hell on your first fall.

Would be sick though.

3 Likes

We need to see a good idea for rear camera as a mirror :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Definitely not a matchbox build :+1: Love to see the future work and the display integrated into the visor

2 Likes

I love the photovoltaic panels and the hud, great work, thanks for sharing. A german maker magazine recently published a matching article https://www.heise.de/make/projekte/Arduino-Datenbrille-Ein-HMD-fuer-das-Multimeter-3339628.html for the HUD which I googled inspired by your thread :slight_smile: Iā€™ll try to make a smaller version for the helmet just for speed and battery values :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very slick build that. Long and low as they should be. Wondering whether having that wide hanger will help with heat dissipation. Think you might have this in the bag my friend.

1 Like

considered that actually ā€¦but I we were going for as much sun all the time even when you ride. The solar panels arenā€™t giving you much even when in the sun without being on it . What the idea is here was range extending . Not that it will do it fast but its there as a back up and regenerating while its sits out on a sunny day. More improvements need to come in solar tech to really achieve good voltage from such few panels. Maybe putting glass ones under could give you better results but I worry about speed bumps rocks and random junk kicking into those fragile cells.

2 Likes

Itā€™s actually a cheap FPV camera and the lens is nothing more that some acrylic with some mirror film . Not as expensive as you would think. My co-worker Riki came up with the idea and it really isnā€™t that $$.

2 Likes

My friend Riki Yoshida is the master mind behind that . He used a GPS unit for a quard rotor build . Paired with a flight controller And radio you can actually get good tracking . It would be great for mapping rides , theft location, and accurate speed tracking .

1 Like

I actually gave that some thought before making these truck. I built this not to compete with Enertion. I made them as a inspiration piece and pushed there already unique design . If I was to make these trucks they wouldnā€™t look like this . I would completely redesign them so they could accept there motors and look at other ways to pull heat from the motors other than there design .

4 Likes

mad genius. the best kind!

2 Likes

thanks. you saved me a heap of time. I was just going to post my contest build log. Nah. dont think I will bother! great job! Postage for those trucks to Australia??

1 Like

The trucks that were designed for the contest are not for sale . They are a one off concept with the hopes to inspire . Sorry . But thanks for the love !!

The amount of heat that the solar cells are generating on the convert isnā€™t much . It actually came with a heat sink for the converter . I will drop some numbers on this chain to show you what I am actually getting in voltage and heat . As far as the panels go they can be trimmed up on the ends so the gapping between each cell is minimum. I have 7 panels total on the top deck and the 1mile per hour back charging rate is due to that number of panels . It is possible for you to get better regen if you where to add the full amount which was at first 10 panels . But i had only room for 7 trimmed ones. I would love to see if those mirrors would help ā€¦interesting concept .

2 Likes

Awesome build so far! looks super clean :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Can I recommend that you avoid putting stuff like that on your helmet. If you fall it may do more harm than you think.

I totally agree with you on that safety note. I used to ride with a go pro on my motorcycle helmet and not anymore after I low sided and that camera mount almost broke my neck . This was just to show what else we integrated into the deck build . I donā€™t think this part of the build is 100% , we are looking on making the unit much smaller. Thanks for the input though!

2 Likes

What they need is to make this open source :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

https://www.crosshelmet.com/

Seems like a lot of distractions.

All you need to have all these features and open source that works in almost any helmet would be google glass

1 Like