Enclosure inspiration thread

It’s a 2 piece clam shell made by Serpac. There available on Amazon and other sources. The bottom is screwed to the deck with the straps running under the bottom and around the top.

1 Like

what was the 'then? is that a big battery I see or a square enclosure?

Here with cover off

5 Likes

That is a hell of a clean job @Namasaki. Does that fit the spacecell? How do you like the 12S ESCs?

Cool, thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

The TB 12s Esc’s work very well with 10s. Very smooth and controllable. The battery is a custom diy that I built out of Basen 26650 cells. It’s a 10s2p 9ah. It takes up the foward half of the enclosure. The BMS, Esc’s, sbec and battery meter circuit fill the rear half. Check out my build thread here:

1 Like

I like this thread so bump!

For eMTBs (Trampas), sealed and water/dust proof:

xCase 235x70x135mm (Phablet/Smartphone Case) for ESCs:

xCase 251x81x175mm (for 8" tablets) for batteries and electronics in the middle section:

3 Likes

@elkick Might you post a link to these cases? They don’t show up in what would seem to be natural Google searches.

3 Likes

I got it through on Amazon: https://www.amazon.de/Xcase-Elektronik-Foto/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n%3A562066%2Ck%3AXcase

27 Likes

Search for Pelican, Elephant or Seahorse cases. A bunch came up on Amazon.

CF looks yummy

Mine is still being made, but here is something I made up in CAD.

8 Likes

This design is asesome. Do you have the 3d print files uploaded? When will they be available?

I’m still working on it. I’m still new at this so I don’t know how to match the curvature of the deck to the housing.

You dont really need to match the curvature if you make it like Boosted Boards. Plastic printed nylon is naturally flexible. Also, the battery compartment that boosted created is slightly narrow and longer than it is wide making it flex better when screwed on. The speed control compartment also does not take the entire width of the deck. These charscteristics along with printing in nylong plastic will make it strong against impact and flexible enough to mount it on top of a nice water resistent gasket. Just copy Boosted Board Specs exactly

19 Likes