Enclosure inspiration thread

3 Likes

Fiberglass is great

Putting clamps on it to secure the bottom to the top piece, I have old truck screws holding the top part on. Hinges to open it.

2 Likes

@torqueboards has some really nice enclosures

8 Likes

I agree those look great, he likes to laugh at my chop jobs I do hah. I finished embracing the box at the top I need a rubber o ring and weather strip to seal the box. Then I will get a larger fan to vent the box, I have washers between the board and top piece to let heat escape from the top where the fan will be.

2 Likes

Yeah, looks good man! Sorry, I have been offline for a while so I didn’t see this message. Let me know where your at with it now! Excited :smiley:

9 Likes

@mobutusan is that a wideband o2 there?

1 Like

@lowGuido Yes indeed. It’s actually two since the first LC-1 was dead, and I had to buy the newer MTX-L version with the built in guage/display, which is awesome and much easier to use. Used it to help my tuner remotely tune my Subaru WRX.

1 Like

Nice… I also have a subaru, but its a forester… and I gots a couple of nissans… a GTi-R and an Elgrand.

sorry back on topic… enclosure…

8 Likes

@lowGuido Nice! Another Subaru lover. I’d like to see some pics of the Subaru and the Nissan’s. We should start a new thread for our other non-skate related motorized vehicles.

On topic, I love having the carry handle option. So convenient.

1 Like

Do you have anymore pictures? @Stevemk14ebr

Most interested in the shorter version. These are the first pics I have seen of the @torqueboards enclosures.

I can take pics of whatever you want, just tell me. I don’t have them on my current board they are for a future board. They are made of very thick abs and are shiny, they don’t seem to be vacuum formed but rather molded and have no wrinkles or other defects.

I was more interested in how they fit on the Vanguard as I purchased a deck a few weeks ago. I stumbled across your photos looking for a good enclosure for it.

That’s good to hear they are are high quality. I am going to go with the ESC enclosure and the smaller lipo enclosure.

They fit really nicely (i test fit just for fun as you saw in my photos). They have a slight concave to them which fits the vanguard PERFECTLY. Really they fit perfect.

1 Like

Then:

Now:

15 Likes

y so many screws

He’s Heavy Metal dude :metal:t2:

8 Likes

2 Reasons, 1: the enclosure was lifting between the screws and I was trying to make it seal. 2: I had to grind some of the deck away on the bottom to make a wide flat spot for the battery pack and enclosure. adding more screws actually added more stiffness back to the board from the enclosure. I tried it with less screws and it was noticeably stiffer with the extra screws. Total weight of the board now is 20 lbs.

1 Like

@Namasaki how did you mount velcro strips on that old setup without going to the top? And what cover is that? Looks like my Rubbermaid version!