Enclosure for the mini remote

I have a few versions that fit…but still needs the small details…

the pcb is small, but the pots end up making it pretty thick. and they need mods and extra hardware so i just left them a while ago and moved on to arduino remotes for more features!

4 Likes

How do I set up the controller for cruise control?

You need a dual drive so that you can connect the steering channel to the slave VESC. And then you need my firmware mod where you can enable the secondary channel as cruise control signal. You can read more about it in my thread. I also modified the cruise control especially for dual drive so that I calculate the speed by the rpm signal of 2 motors. This makes it smoother during carving. So I control each motor individually based on the actual situation. That also works for 4wd.

I also have ideas how I can get it running for single drive. But not sure that it will work. And with dual drive you get the better signal when you carve.

Here is a video of the Cruise Control with the mini remote in action

3 Likes

Ben, I’m also planning to use the wheel as light switch

I purchased a switch from HK, it activates if wheel is turned more than 50%, however I also need an UBEC to lower the voltage of the 10S4P battery down to 5v and modify the Shred Lights to make them work with the e-Board battery instead of their own.

Pretty cool mod in my opinion, any ideas to improve it?

you idea is better than me. haha i am using another 3s battery separately for my lighting system. this is a bad idea which adding weight on the board.

i am using this control for light, but seem not really working. this circuit is for drone.

what i guess is: this circuit need an on off signal rather then continues signal. Wheel consider continues signal which they control the servo. So on this situation wheel signal not really can communicate to this circuit. i need something like this with the extra channel switch on the top. They using for lighting or the wheel control on the RC plane.

That seems to be too complicated.

Here is the switch I bought:

We could use the steering wheel control on the mini remote to turn on/off the lights, I only need the UBEC to do this

1 Like

If using that receiver controlled switch with the wheel, since the wheel always spins back to its original position wouldn’t the lights only be on when you held the wheel in the on position?

1 Like

I don’t know how it works, but it’s probably a toggle switch, once turned fifty percent it turns on, turned again it turns of.

According to HK the circuit closes and stay closed when more than 50% ppm is reached, I’ll still need to test it

@jackw could you design a remote enclosure to got the mini remote electronics?

I could certainly have a go, I don’t have one for dimensions but if someone can take callipers to things I could throw something together

What would you need to start?

Someone on taobao sells a modified version of the remote

Care to share the link?

Pretty special and cheap

3D printed case though

Microusb charging

https://world.taobao.com/item/524009365230.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.4W1ooe#detail

The mini controller has actually gotten so cheap anyway

I just purchased 2 more mini remotes, I got them for 29 each from sk8 canada

I actually replicated that case. It uses a different potentiometer for the throttle. Never got it to work right.

This is the min-remote mod I’ve been working on (a few mins here and there). My concept is to make this mod use no more than the parts available in the remote already, use trigger or thumb for throttle and be easy to assemble. By moving the wheel to the top the user is allowed to choose trigger or wheel for throttle & brake based on the channel connection at the RX. You will notice the trigger is not present, don’t worry it is coming.

If there’s any interest I’ll keep on. Let me know what you want to see…

10 Likes

That’s great man!, but to be honest and, as this is design time, it looks similar than the one we got. If you still can modify it and you are open for suggestions, don’t use a 90 degree angle, use something like 120, give the bottom a pointed shape and the front a more rounded end.