EMF / Jacob hub motor polyurethane development

I’m ready to preorder the 100mm wheels from you :slight_smile: Is it possible to get them with stainless steel or is that just for the 107mm version? What is their main purpose btw, holding things into place? Acting as a heatsink?

1 Like

Oh cool pm me your email. The plate locks the wheel to the motor hence the innovate patent pending name "locking plate "

I need a couple more orders to send the stainless ones to cut

If these are the same motors I was shown by a manufacturer last week which i believe strongly they are then the Urethane will slip just based off design. There are no grooves holding the PU in place only small 12 1/2 inch bolt grooves. around the motor can. They grooves do not go across the entire motor can. Just like 1/2 an inch. THey had a previous design which was identical to this and slippage was a problem. I told them to fix it and obviously they don’t listen very well or understand the directions. :slight_smile: So… would advise not to buy these. just saying… However, if the new PU you guys have can lock over the motor you are in a solid buy mode :slight_smile: gogogo

1 Like

Exactly they don’t listen so we had to design the solution so now they can copy it.

Genius design, hands down. Cannot wait to try them out! :slight_smile:

Anyone in Europe want to order some? We could share shipping costs. Same goes for the hub motors, could organize a group buy if you’re interested.

@Ralphy has pretty much solved the slipping urethane issues for me, just using his 3d printed nubs and sleeves. I’m sure his new 100mm tires won’t disappoint either. I’ve been running these hubs on my Frankentrike, for a few months, and they’ve been rock solid. I’m not sure I could put them through any worse abuse on a skateboard. But I’ll try!

2 Likes

Well if your in Europe it’s $113. Not $89

I’m actually getting hit with $31 bucks in shipping vs the $24 USPS advertised on their site.

Apparently international flat rate isn’t very flat it’s flat plus a weight surcharge.

So any efforts to consolidate shipping to Europe would be appreciated

Holy wow, that is freaking awesome !!!

2 Likes

That’s cool to hear the sleeve is working still. I managed to destroy mine sleeve setup but I really abused it for like 500 miles. Now these stainless steel rod reinforced wheels are at another level I just can’t destroy them. I get a little excited when I can’t break something I create!

3 Likes

I’ma send you link on telegram bro

How much are these again?

I think if you found more Jacob hubs then it would make your buisness more viable.

Hey Guys, Just a heads up that I have a set of Jacob Hubs for sale. Apologies to Ralphy, as I did state I was going to order his new Urethane hubs, but since seeing a Trampa Street carver build, im hooked on building that. Let me know if anyone is interested. Im in UK.

1 hub was used for literally 1 mile tops, just around the block. Other unused. Will let go for £150, thats for both Hubs, and both the trucks that come with them.

1 Like

No worries Chingzy. Good luck on that build and I’m sure you’ll be able to sell your motors quick .

I don’t understand what you mean by find . Like sell the motor and wheel?

How does the increase in diameter affect the temperature, did you notice any difference? Do you have an idea what a safe temperature range is for these motors?

like sell the motors or find a place for people to go buy them then they can just come to you for the upgrade

1 Like

No motor should run more than 30F over ambient temp. Mine run cool at 126F with these wheels at 30a per motor with dual motors. With the factory wheel running only one motor i got it to 148F

1 Like

Installed my set of 100mm last night. So far so good. Still accelerates well from low speed and tbe increase in top speed is noticeable. More on this later.

2 Likes

Nice, Glad to hear its working and im very interested in the top speed increase. I wasnt able to achieve that with my bldc configuration. Keep us posted.