EMF / Jacob hub motor polyurethane development

Rides very smooth but the urethane was a couple months old and didnt cure too well. I have some fresh new urethane on the way. The motors pull strong even at 114mm

1 Like

Where do you buy the compound? i will i need in a few months for a hub iā€™m developing

I wouldnt like to give away my particular supplier but you can try Bjb enterprises for your development.

https://bjbenterprises.com

Thanks, i will take a look

1 Like

Keep us posted on your progress there are still customers interested in different designs.

As soon as I have some concrete material I will start a thread to share my progress along the way, it will take a long time, Iā€™m doing as undergraduate research, a year, maybe more

1 Like

That sounds like a very cool project!

2 Likes

Guys and Gals as many might know production of these motors stopped several months ago. Several of you are interested in the motors and I just wanted to let everyone know that the manufacture will be making more in the next couple weeks and I will also be producing the 100mm wheels. Repeat customers and resellers are welcome to buy and you can always get your money back if your unsatisfied for any reason. Its been great to hear all the positive feedback!2

3 Likes

I wanted to show you guys that worried about the urethane wear this photo. To the right is a freshly cast new wheel. To the left is an original prototype running on my board for over 650 miles in the past 7 months.

2 Likes

I had a few rods turning out of the urethane as well, no big deal though. Just turned them out a bit further, covered them in loctite, and them turned them back into the urethane. Holding up just fine now.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. You guys can remove 4 rods per wheel. The newer wheels will only use 4 rods. Done symetrically it actually improves the ride a bit.

Will you be selling single hubs?

I could but I dont think its a good idea. If your heavy or ride over a couple miles youll overheat the motor easily.

Im 65kg, so pretty light. I use my single 6564 without issues here in vancouver.

Well i guess since your light and it isnt that hot there it may workout. Do you want it as a 100mm or just the factory 83mm urethane?

What would be the price for either option?

$190 single with 100mm and $145 with 83mm.

If it slips on the factory 83mm setup its not my fault.

I have a single stock 83mm hub motor thats new. How much would it cost for another hub with the 100mm wrap and an additional wrap for my stock hub?

40 bucks more

Do you have matching front wheels? Or just use 97s? Which trucks do you recommend?