eLofty: Updated! Builder's Price Book: Lofty Direct Drive (Shenzhen Lofty Ambition Technology)

I’m not too sure how they implemented their thermistor. I only assumed it was soldered onto the motor pcb. Or if they’re making physical contact with some part of the stator. Either way, retrofitting sounds like too much of a pain to do just for motor temps.

2 Likes

Story goes, they made 72kv then thinks that it’s too fast for most ppl so they made 58kv then now that we request higher kv they are making them now. And many inclemental improvements on the way there.

Better epoxy, changed wire connectors, and now motor sleeves.

Can confirm. I talked with Kenna yesterday and that was what she said to me. I asked for 5.5 bullet connectors but they Will ship with 3.5 and motor sleeves.

Kenna sent me this photo and said this is the connector it would ship with Screenshot_20190514-133654

When I asked about 3.5mm bullets she stopped responding :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

she till has some stock left. thats why. totally reasonable tho. let me confirm with her again.

1 Like

just wondering if you have made sure to change the parameters in metr so you are not reading the wrong wheel diameter and pole counts.

1 Like

I know the sale ends soon so I was trying to sort out the details with her, as soon as I asked about the connector I got nothing back. I could always swap them but it would be really cool to just get the bullet connectors from the factory so I don’t have to solder anything

1 Like

I would say contact Kenna and see if you can make a small payment to reserve or if she would let it even without it.

1 Like

4 Likes

Took my eloftys out for a ride today. I’m 220lbs and I could still get up to 35km/h with the elofty wheels :slight_smile: That’s plenty fast for me.

However, at some point I noticed one motor stopped working. I just opened up the board and noticed one of the solder connections came loose on that motor’s phase wires (I had swapped to bullet connectors). I soldered it back on, but that motor still doesn’t work. I have verified that it is not an issue with the ESC. Any ideas what else I could try here?

image I’m good thank you :wink:

1 Like

Sorry to hear. So dead silent or stuttering but not spinning freely?

About supplying loose or switching to for you?

Dead silent. Kenna is being great with communication though. Hopefully this will get resolved quickly.

Kenna is great with customer service issues. If you end up swapping out the motor, let me know and I’ll share an awesome and cheap tool to use.

I was under the impression they were shipping with the bullets connected no?

She has offered to supply them loose at this point which would be fine I told her.

How has everyone else paid? She is asking me to pay thru eBay but has not sent me a link yet.

Uhh… Maybe some confusion here? Kenna is trying to charge me more for 75kv? :thinking::frowning: What gives?

Screenshot_20190515-053834

It might be that only the lower kv model is officially part of group buy. @Winfly or @topcloud will know.

1 Like

Oh, good that you are getting them. There are too many nuggets of conflicting info floating about to keep track of it all.

I have a unity coming in and I need a drive train for it :grin: haha - yeah I may just pay extra for 75kv :confused: I like to go fast

1 Like