eLofty: Updated! Builder's Price Book: Lofty Direct Drive (Shenzhen Lofty Ambition Technology)

The cheap base plates fit! I could even fit both washers on. You have to wiggle things a bit, but there is definitely enough room for everything, and I could thread the nut on no problem. It will be a couple days before I can test ride, but looking good so far:

IMG_20190514_003627

IMG_20190514_003650

6 Likes

This is similar to the fit I get. Not ideal, but it works. Looking forward to hearing your impressions.

i was able to fix the one i received couple weeks ago. i’m running 100mm BOA, and when running the numbers, and checking with the metr app. Mine is already a 72kv.

i don’t know from where the 52kv number is comming from.

2 Likes

How do you check the kv with metr?

1 Like

That’s great. Could you show us how you opened the motor?

I wasn’t able to. I used a lot of wd40 and tried turning the motor and it finally did.

I used another app for checking my gps speed and compared with the speed from metr. If this was a 52kv motor, my speed should be 35km/h

ah ok. I thought you could check it like in Ackmaniac app where there is the function Kv calculator.

Can you do it from the ackmaniac computer software ?

from the vesc tool just in the terminal if you type Kv after spinning the motor you get the value. Of course you have to set the poles ecc… In ackmaniack’s app on top of the screen there are several options among with Kv calculator or something similar.

100mm wheels, 72kv and 42km/h seems to check out: http://calc.esk8.it/#{"batt-type-lipo":0,"batt-cells":10,"motor-kv":72,"system-efficiency":85,"motor-pulley-teeth":1,"wheel-pulley-teeth":1,"wheel-size":100}|

Yes. I tried my 85mm caguama. It is way too close to the ground. Honestly, don’t go below 100mm.

And i’m considering getting a second kit to go 4wd. They are great, it is so smooth. But missing the punch and brakes from belt drive.

1 Like

Well, one day left in the group buy. Unfortunately funds are a bit short. Hmmm.

I may have to wait for the next round anyways (if there is one) I want some

1 Like

Other than it being hard not to pull the trigger and join in, there’s no real downside to waiting. Direct Drives are going to keep coming, and they’re going to get better and better.

Still super happy with mine, and excited about what the future holds.

5 Likes

I wish the group buy went on just a couple extra days so I’d have the money to buy in :sweat: haha - oh well

Paypal credit does exist :man_shrugging:

If you’re getting the money soon, and really want in on this GB I would give it a shot and apply

However, I can’t say I’m wise in the finance department, so take my advice with a grain of salt :joy:

2 Likes

DIY Retrofit not possible for the temp?

Haha. I feel you. I’m a traveling DJ producer. I have two gigs this weekend in Seattle and Tempe AZ for 1500 each. The money is coming just a couple days late :sob:

4 Likes

Screenshot_20190514-133640 Screenshot_20190514-133654

The ones shipping right now don’t have 3.5mm bullets huh?