eLofty: Updated! Builder's Price Book: Lofty Direct Drive (Shenzhen Lofty Ambition Technology)

Yes but beware of the kingpin length. The evolve one is long enough, and for example the gullwing is too short.

1 Like

Yes, it worked for me but I don’t use the big washer during assembly. Otherwise I couldn’t screw in a lot of threads.

Could you get rid of the slop at the pivot pin?

fullsizeoutput_2338 fullsizeoutput_2335 fullsizeoutput_2333fullsizeoutput_2337

8 Likes

where’d you get the red footstop? :o

1 Like

Got mine today! Cat was trying to destroy them wires

IMG_20190510_184803

10 Likes

Your cat is trying to save your life. It knows about the extreme top speed people are reporting and is trying to kill it before it takes you down at 20-25 mph.

5 Likes

I’m jealous! Mine just showed up today, and my roommate received it, but I’m out of town until Monday for work :frowning:

At least there will be a very nice present waiting for me after a weekend of hard work!

6 Likes

Dont be because I am still waiting for my Indy base plate and bushings lol Your probably going to ride on them before I do.

1 Like

Hi guys, @topcloud @Winfly,

I was about to pull the trigger on a 4wd dkp setup but Kenna is saying that the temperature wire is a bad idea on these motors, but was unable to explain that to myself .

Has any of you come across this? Do you know why this is a bad idea ?

Cheers, Ricardo

1 Like

maybe she try to sell the old stock first…

4 Likes

She’s not helping my ingrained fear of negotiating with Chinese people directly. :laughing:

1 Like

If it gives you any trouble then you won’t use it. But I am guessing she is either basing it off some off brand ESC that might be stopping the motor all of a sudden or like Fred said trying to sell off old stock or she is just trying to avoid paying the extra cost.

1 Like

I’ve pulled the trigger in the end, first ones in the UK. Can’t wait to test these out!

1 Like

Update:

The Goods:

• I will be getting a set of 72kv motor to test
  • New motors will come with motor sleeves? For protection. Not sure how they look like yet.

The bads:

• Somehow their engineer insisted that adding temp sensor will mess up the motors so they won’t be adding it.

So to sum up, new batch of 52kv will not have tmp sensor but comes with protective sleeves and 3.5mm bullets.

2 Likes

I decided to wait for the 72kv motors so I’ll be watching to see how you like them :slight_smile: thanks for the updates

Uh, wat?

I’ll wait for 72kV as well. Thanks for the heads up.

3 Likes

Makes me wonder if I should’ve waited :thinking:

Is the temp sensor so important/ essential?

Not significant but it’s good to have. They will be using higher temp epoxy this time (I assumed, because she said they worked securing the magnets and temp resistance.) So if things goes well it should never be hot enough that Vesc will need to throttle down to protect the motors.