eLofty: Updated! Builder's Price Book: Lofty Direct Drive (Shenzhen Lofty Ambition Technology)

To further clarify, they(KVs different from 58) will be available at the cost mentioned above only if the the Minimum quantities is hit, if not then it will cost $20 more than the advertised price.

As for different KV, she(Kenna) said that 58KV is good for hill climbing and braking. It’s apparently a lot better than with 75KV in 2 wheel drive configuration as per their tests. That’s the reason they settled down on 58KV. A good balance of speed and torque.

That being said, @Winfly, is looking to order a 75KV sample to see what setup it will work best with. Wing, anything you want to add?

1 Like

Production of current 58kv will be done at the end of month. And to clarify, we can only get 75kv Elofty if we order at least 30 of them. Not accumulative with 58kv Groupbuy. I’ll see if I can get Kenna to send samples

Hi, do these 58 kV with temp sensors motors you refer to as being in production have 3.5 connectors or not?

1 Like

Yes 10 char

1 Like

So the 58kv will have bullet connectors nice. Whats the top speed of the 58kv with 90mm wheels and 10s3p? Calculator works it out to about 24mph?

1 Like

Yes 10char

Can you show which calculator shows 24mph with 10s and 90mm wheels?

1 Like

Top speed without sag:. 58*42*3.14*0.09/60=11.47m/sec= 25.6mph

Rear world speed will be lower based on battery sag, current draw and charge %

Wouldn’t using 36V (nominal) be more realistic? Then there is also efficiency (85% works out well for me):

58*36*3.14*0.09/60*0.85= 8.359308 m/sec == 18.7mph

I’d be happy to be wrong but this method gives me pretty spot on max speed figures on belt systems.

1 Like

Hitting 85% of the bench speed in the real world with a load would be ideal and occurs with a motor sized to the load but this will perform under that percent with the big wheels and small motor.

Hmm… I could be very wrong but this is what I used https://calc.3dservisas.eu/?Tc3NDsIgEATgd-FsDFhoqte16UlD0sTeLQdMxJL0aHx3dxb8uX07sLNPdaWoDup-Wx5qw8OZh2bbslca2UYLPWIRQVqX-IjJuGL82ZVcOg0zj3Ux_-1lj9SKZAmSqsYJEbbCb9EcqTbNsWd1WnjBuoUT1aaEctdBfsG2Ff7OJ5IYf8O0MvdIw3Cqp8IwfdSX19cb

When I asked them they said 45kmh which I thought maybe unloaded.

Since my other board made some trouble with random jolts, I took the plunge and threw together a board with leftover parts and the e-lofty direct drives. I ordered the drives with hangers and 90mm wheels.
I wanted to use them TKP and ordered Independent trucks, sadly they are not a good fit. The Pivot pin enters the pivot hole just a few mm because of difference in geometry. @mishrasubhransu has a photo of this on his build thread. Then I ordered chinese Gullwing DKP clones which look completely similar to the ones from e-lofty. Even with those you can not just remove the top hanger to do TKP. Again geometry is different and the pivot won’t stick properly. I ended up using them DKP. I swapped all bushings to Riptide Kranks and now the trucks are stable and carvy. Not all bushings will fit because of odd sizes used from the Chinese manufacturer.
Sorry I don’t took pictures because I was in a hurry.
Today morning I gave the drives a 20km spin with Boa 100mm wheels. The Drives are dead silent, quieter than any hubs I used.
With 20A -12A battery 60A -80A motor they perform ok but torque and low speed brakes are a bit weak. Somehow I have to admit that DKP with good bushings are more fun than I thought. And the Boa wheels are awsome. I will drop a Metr. Record for reference. The record says 43km/h topspeed with a 10S battery but I doubt that. My Wh/km usage was 18wh so for me the efficiency is average. But the Meepo hubs would consume the same with 90mm wheels.

3 Likes

@mishrasubhransu You got the Independant baseplates to work? I hope so, cause my eloftys already shipped, and I opted for the cheaper Independant route :open_mouth:

1 Like

They fit somehow, but the pivot pin didn’t penetrate enough to make me confident. With the Independent baseplates you can only use street bushings because of the short Kingpin, even with the yellow ones, 98A I got wheelbite. With good downhill bushings DKP is more stable.
We have to find a fitting TKP baseplate with a long Kingpin.

It’s not ideal in fit, but it works fine for me.

My local skate shop swears he has the perfect thing and will text me when he finds them. Even though it’s been two months now, I dare to dream.

1 Like

When I find time I will take the hanger to some shops here to see if there is a fit. Replacing the Kingpin for a longer one to accommodate for taller bushings is easy.
I am going to raise motor amps to 80A, battery to 25A and see what that does regarding torque. With the Boas the ride is buttery smooth and a huge improvement compared to other chinese hub board offerings.

I have used it primarily like a hub motor upgrade and maybe that’s why I like it so much. Others coming from dual 6374 builds are probably right that it doesn’t compare, but at $300 it’s hard to argue against it as a value upgrade/budget build candidate.

Reasonable expectations are more frequently met.

4 Likes
1 Like

You can buy these from Skatesky on Alibaba for a whopping 18US$. Shipping was 30$ to Japan. https://m.alibaba.com/product/60842995310/detail.html?spm=a277m.product-tab.0.0

1 Like