eLofty: Updated! Builder's Price Book: Lofty Direct Drive (Shenzhen Lofty Ambition Technology)

I contacted her on Skype and haven’t heard back.

There is a public holiday in China until 4th of May.

3 Likes

@lazarus, so you are just getting the wheels, not the drive?

Nah just effed up voting.

1 Like

Does anybody have a solid confirmed weight of a 2wd tkp setup w/the 90mm wheels?

Kenna is saying if they ship now, they will be the old version “without temperature wire.” I’m wondering if it’s worth waiting for whenever they finish a gen 2?

Edit: @topcloud if you know what this is referring to, please chime in. Kenna said I could wait for the new one if I wanted, but that the temperature wire would be the only change. I don’t even know what said temperature wire does?

1 Like

thermal sensor wire; @Winfly can confirm whether or not the set I bought has them (I think not). Hope this helps!

Is that really all that necessary? What happens if you don’t have one?

Your motors won’t ever get destroyed because of heat. VESC will take care of capping the current to prevent the motor from getting too hot. This is pretty important when you are doing extended hill climbing.

4 Likes

Gen 2 is MR30 connectors with JST sensor wires and upgraded epoxy. Temp sensor and 3.5 bullets will be next batch, which Kenna would order factory to make at the end of groupbuy.

She has 20ish gen2 without temp sensor in stock atm so if you’re are ok with mr30 plugs and no temp sensor, you can choose to get them now.

@topcloud you have gen1

3 Likes

Do you know if they come with an extra MR30 to attach to the vesc, or would we have to get one ourselves?

1 Like

I afraid not.

1 Like

I didn’t receive the female mr30 with mine.

Did she say when will the new version will be ready? The one with the temp sensor.

2 Likes

No, she said “soon,” and I asked if that means two weeks or more like two months, and she still just said “soon.”

Ahh damn! Thank you for letting us know. I’m raring to get these on my hands, but rather have temp sensors and 3.5 bullets.

I’m still interested in the 58 Kv version though, as I’m going for a 4WD build with pneumies. Will the next batch still be 58 Kv? Will there be a group buy? I don’t want to overload you with questions for Kenna, so let me know if I should talk directly with her.

Thank you for the amazing job!

1 Like

Umm, it has been mentioned before that this group buy includes the motors with temperature sensors and bullet connectors. Just that they are not ready at the moment. @Winfly, did Kenna give you a timeline?

1 Like

Cant seem to find on their website, but the front truck axle tip to axle tip is 310mm.

Is the rear truck (with the motors) axle tips also 310mm or another length?

Wanted to leave it here.

4 Likes

hope everyone is riding safely today and feeling good vibes :slight_smile:

Quick update:

• 58KV with temp wire is under production and is available today, at the above cost;
  • new and different KV will be available at $20 more, yet will take them time to produce (TBD)

Thanks again to everyone who’s contributing knowledge and experience, here. Appreciate you guys.

6 Likes