Elofty Direct Drive

Also, really looking forward to a comparison of Torqueboards DD vs Elofty/Ownboard DD - someone must have ridden both of them by now, seems like the same motor size and same KV. If they perform similar it might be tough to justify the TB DDs at $650

1 Like

TB DD have bigger stator than this DD. @winfly and @sofu have both the drive trains.

1 Like

Also, as mentioned above, it comes down to the individual and their needs. Dexter could be aiming his combo at a particular consumer and it might not appeal to others.

We’re all different and it’s glorious. I saw an elderly lady pushing a cat along the beach in a children’s trolley. That’s her thing.

8 Likes

Most of all, I want to thank @sofu, @Winfly and all BAESK8 for driving this invaluable test, for all of us.

We tried this last year with the Metasurf drives and let’s just say when I heard @FranciscoV and @Touch415 posting on Facebook that the axles were bending on our test units lol, the first thing I thought was: someone is going to read this, and save themselves from injury and that’s awesome. That’s what it’s all about, the science.

This year, it’s eLofty science. Huge major difference: Ownboard means scale and that’s a more real-world reason to ask @Deodand to check this out for us on the Enertion FOCBOX Unity.

It’s all stoked, I think this new crop of axial drives (and the 6868 outrunner motors) will drive new people to DIY like it did for Evolve owners who sought their first battery upgrades. Unity could be ready for folks who want more out of their Ownboard Carbons. @marcmt88’s wheels will be ready for Ownboard Carbons. Easy to imagine a picture of that Ownboard Carbon wearing Janux Quattros all over Instagram.

Again, huge heartfelt thanks to @sofu, @Winfly for always pushing the envelope, to @BillGordon and @DAddYE for finding these things in the first place and to @Touch415 and @FranciscoV for always keeping it real. Love you guys, mean it

21 Likes

7 Likes

So, when’s the group buy? :smile:

2 Likes

I look forward to this being my thing too in like 50 years lmao

Yeah I really don’t know what to think about the DDs… At full battery when the battery worked it was nice on flat ground… Torque was good. It made it up twin peaks on low battery with good torque and no difficulty at all. But braking at below 2-3mph was non existent. Not sure if that’s the unity or the drives. @Winfly wanna put the TB on something real quick and test the full short on both?

6 Likes

Hey gotta be honest​:man_shrugging:t2:, our group rides are 25-30 miles with hill climb and some down hill perfect grounds for testing, having less braking is no joke, especially if your hauling ass and need the stopping power… motors were fire hot once we reach twin peaks and that with 125lbs rider, who knows what the out come will be with 160-190 lbs rider, yes most motors get super hot wen you reach the top of the hill, I remember hummie hubs were semi hot and the enertion hubs were more hot,… hey maybe if you live in a city without traffic and hills and it’s flat and only ride under 20mph these elofty will fit you perfect :ok_hand:t3:

3 Likes

Thanks! I appreciate the honesty. I’m 220lbs so need the torque and the breaking power. I was looking at drivetrains for my HAYA deck build and wanted them to be stealthy, still waiting to see what’s said about the Torqueboards DD but I’m tempted to just go with belts.

2 Likes

For 110mm torque board wheels, they seem like they held up good no chipping no cracks so far they felt like pillows and damn they look sexy …

1 Like

I would personally take those 110mm wheels off that setup, and maybe try 97s wheels, maybe the DD’s will perform better​:man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

@sofu take those 110mm wheels off and let’s try 90-97mm wheels with those DD’s

1 Like

@sofu try increasing neg regen brake to like -12a. -12a performed way better. Because of the free roll you need more braking power. Anything less and brakes are typically not as powerful as belt drives which are understandable.

1 Like

I have my battery min at -30 so -15 per motor. Way ahead of ya :yum:

3 Likes

I dunno about 90, I would try 97 but I don’t have good abec core 97s…

1 Like

I have some :+1:t3::+1:t3::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Let’s try them

2 Likes

also my DD are 75Kv. They will do better with smaller wheels.

3 Likes

BAESK8-proven means something! Respect.

1 Like

@Touch415 Hey. You gotta give this CCC stuff another chance. Let’s hope @sofu get it running properly and bring it out again! Maybe she’ll let us jump on it and take it for a quick test ride :+1:t3:

1 Like